Raunwaffe´46. LFA II Muttervögel/DFS 469

Started by PACOPEPE, April 08, 2010, 12:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

This project, was the precursor of others similar to our days; like the Bell MX-2276, Boeing X-20 Dyna-soar, Mig-105, and the best known shuttle projects of last years.

The "Luftwaffe´s Shuttle" consisted in two stages. The first phase (Muttervögel) was getting that the composite ascend to the stratosphere. The second phase (DFS 469) was dessigned to skip over the upper atmosphere before dropping its payload on a enemy target.

Regards
Fran

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

TallEng

absolutely BRILLIANT!!!! :cheers:

wish I could do stuff half as good :thumbsup:

(Walks of to a corner muttering I like knitting, I really do :o)
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

CAO 700

Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

RotorheadTX

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Tophe

Wow! :thumbsup:
Dated 1940ies or 1960ies?
And is this pure scratch-building or an available kit for us as well?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PACOPEPE

Quote from: Tophe on April 10, 2010, 01:39:07 AM
Wow! :thumbsup:
Dated 1940ies or 1960ies?
And is this pure scratch-building or an available kit for us as well?
The concept was dated on 1930ies. Incredible, right?.
Scratch?; very little. The kit of "son" is of the german manufacturer Bird Models, the DFS 468. I call it "DFS 469" for the horizontal stabilizers of the tail (only modification). The original 468 hasn´t these stabilizers.
The kit of the mother (for this is Muttervögel) is of the french manufacturer Sharkit. I only added fuel deposits on the tips of the wings.

Cheers
Fran

Tophe

Incredible, yes...
Your additions are good-looking, congratulations, designer!
For the kits, the DFS468 seems not available anymore. The other (the mother) seems this one (but I am not sure as you did not mention this name "Sänger"):
http://www.sharkit.com/sharkit/Sanger/sanger.htm
Thanks again. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PACOPEPE

Quote from: Tophe on April 11, 2010, 12:28:38 AM
Incredible, yes...
Your additions are good-looking, congratulations, designer!
For the kits, the DFS468 seems not available anymore. The other (the mother) seems this one (but I am not sure as you did not mention this name "Sänger"):
http://www.sharkit.com/sharkit/Sanger/sanger.htm
Thanks again. :thumbsup:
Do you want the kit of DFS 468?. I can see by ebay two available. Respect the name of the mother, in a book i´ve, the original project appears as "LFA Braunschweig Silbervögel".

Cheers
Fran