JASDF F-15EJ: Another FAR Mudhen

Started by FAR148, April 04, 2010, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

Well since my Hellenic Air Force F-15E is coming together so well and so fast, Im doing something I have not done in years. Work on two models at the same time. normally I would not start another kit until I finish or stoped working on one. It should not be that bad, one is winding down and that one is starting up. Here's what she should look like when she's done, plus some cool tail art.

Profile by Trigger

Here's what I have done so far. I shot the base colors for the seats, tub, instrument panels and the rear hood.

My F-15EJ will be powered by GE's F-110-GE-129. So I looked in my stash and pulled out two resin nozzles.

For my F-110-GE-129, I'm going to use the lower part of Academy's F-15E afterburner can, the upper ring of Revell's can and top it off with my resin nozzle. Ta Da!

Next up, I'll be working on getting her wings and tails all together. You can see her Greek sister in the background.  :wub:

Until later,
Steven L  :ph34r:

Sauragnmon

Should be quite a pretty bird indeed - looking forward to more of the Mudhen Teriyaki!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

Those engines will give even more power to play with!  :wacko:

Any thought regarding ordnance fit yet? Anti-shipping, as the scheme suggests?

Quote from: Sauragnmon on April 04, 2010, 04:39:11 PM
<...> the Mudhen Teriyaki!

Mmmmmmh, Teriyaki!

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

FAR148

QuoteAny thought regarding ordnance fit yet? Anti-shipping, as the scheme suggests?

Well as of now, I got Hasegawa JASDF Weapons Set and paint on the way. I'm thinking a mix bag of weapons.

Teriyaki does sound good &lt;_&lt;
Steven L

GTX

I actually think this idea could almost have come real if the F-35 hadn't been on the table as well.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 04, 2010, 10:14:23 PM
Those engines will give even more power to play with!  :wacko:

Any thought regarding ordnance fit yet? Anti-shipping, as the scheme suggests?

Perhaps similar to the South Korean F-15Ks:

If adventurous (we know you're capable of it), you could perhaps also add some features from the Silent Eagle (click to expand):

Other options could include some of the real world projects Japan has been developing:

TRDI UAV:

XASM-3 ASM:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Don't forget the GE-110s have white insides:

Regards,

Greg

nev

Quote from: GTX on April 05, 2010, 12:12:07 AM
I actually think this idea could almost have come real if the F-35 hadn't been on the table as well.

Actually, the F-15E was one of the "contenders" for the original FS-X "competition" that became the F-2.  I use quotation marks since the requirements were written so that none of the 4 contenders (the others being F-16, F-18 and Tornado) had a realistic chance of winning without being Japanified.

Nice work on the nozzles Steven, looking forward tremendously to seeing you work your magic on this :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

anthonyp

Silent Eagle + XASM-3 = total awesomeness!!!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

FAR148

Thanks for all the cool pics  :thumbsup:

That XASM-3 ASM looks pretty bad A$$, I just may have to make one or something similar. As for Silent Eagle, I don't think so. I'm not going to turn this build into a complicated one.

Until later,
Steven L  :ph34r:

GTX

Fair enough.  Some other weapon options to consider include:

XAAM-4:

XAAM-5:

Regards,

Greg

lancer

Is there an reason for the bright colours on the missiles or did the Japanese just want to brighten them up and away from boring old white??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

I'd assume it's for test purposes Lance. Stands out more on film ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 06, 2010, 07:35:32 AM
I'd assume it's for test purposes Lance. Stands out more on film ?

I'd say your guess is pretty spot on, but I think it's be kinda cool to have multi coloured missiles to shoot. It'd make them look like giant fireworks...or am I thinking too much like Radish??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Riksbar

Is it just me seeing that TRDI UAV as a upside down Dan Dare era space fighter?   :blink:
"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."