Secret Japanese Space Plane Revealed !

Started by sotoolslinger, April 03, 2010, 09:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Screamed the headlines when this picture was published

The (small) sector of the public that was still interested in space exploration screamed that the US had fallen hopelessly behind in developing exo atmospheric craft.
The reality of the situation was much more sinister. When the Apollo program was ''canceled'' and the US and other nations began developing the shuttle and international space station it was all just window dressing. The real truth was that the Apollo rocket program never stopped. It was simply moved to a remote area and development continued. By 1979 a moonbase had been built . Advanced propulsion systems, telescopes, sensors, and weapons were developed with no worries that the public would discover them.
By 1986 the first alien signal was detected and by the early '90's it was determined that the incoming alien fleet was definitely hostile.
The Japanese, without consulting the international consortium at the moonbase ,had been developing a cold fusion powered spacecraft to directly compete with the advanced rocket powered ships of the United States and Russia. They only revealed these plans when confronted with the oncoming aliens.
Unfortunately, the Japanese ,without access to the low gravity labs on the moon had been unable to successfully complete a true cold fusion powerplant. They had however come up with an excellent hyper gravitic manuvering system and a very efficient heat exchange system.
Their advanced concept spacecraft was some 80% complete and secret manufacturing plants were already up and running to build more. It was determined that the best plan for the survival of the human race to install American Heavy Ion Liquid Injection Fuel Engines (HILIFE) It was this initial mockup that was subsequently photographed and caused all the uproar.

My thanks to the most excellent Brian da Basher for sending me this

It was the perfect set of engines to combine with this

So that I could come up with this most nifty of ships

I have actually been working this in between my other projects for a week or so but I wanted to get it to this mockup stage before I started showing it.
Don't worry , the rest of the Apollo 27 will be scalorama'd into the carrier for these fighters.

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

proditor

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all :wub: I just added some stuff :blink: Pics in a minute
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Believe it or not these are neither weapons or engines :wacko: They are the projectors for the gravity manipulation manuvering system :unsure: ;D

I amuse me.

Doc Yo

Nice use of the MAT Arrow! looking forward to your progress.

Mossie

To quote Viv from Friday nights Ashes to Ashes, 'B*gger me sideways'!!!  This is going to be worth waiting for!
:drink: :drink: :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Y'all. I'm glad you like it :thumbsup: :wub: I am back on the road now but I have this with. I had to work all night so no new pics now but I do have the engines attached. I also brought a mess o weaponry to stick on her. :party:
I amuse me.

GTX

Quote from: sotoolslinger on April 03, 2010, 06:45:16 PM
Believe it or not these are neither weapons or engines :wacko: They are the projectors for the gravity manipulation manuvering system :unsure: ;D

I knew that... ;D

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sotoolslinger

Well of course you knew that Greg ;D I just posted that for them folk that ain't such experts in spaceship buildin :lol: :blink: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

sotoolslinger

Thanks Weaver  :wub: You will , of course , recognize the obvious nessessity of todays additions ;D :thumbsup:
First the ultra long range sensor suite

The weapons (mock up) array

The aft defensive auto cannon

6 for'ard 4 cm auto cannon

Main offensive 10 cm Hellbore

Aft defensive 7 cm Hellbore/ secondary offensive /oblique attack + defensive sensor suite

100 megaton fusion smart drone

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
I amuse me.

Sisko

Nice little project that you have going there!

Love the weaponary overkill :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.