I'm underway at last

Started by lancer, April 03, 2010, 07:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Less than a month and I'm just starting. I'm attempting 2 simultanious builds for this one, I'm also keeping my fingerrs crossed for an extention as well.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Clearly Lance has been studying at the Terry Campion Academy for Work In Progress Threads ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Both of these builds will be OOB luft '46 stuff but it's all I'm going to have time to do really. I might try to add some extra's to them from ther spares box if time and parts allow. One will be a night fighter and the other will be a standard day fighter.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Excellent...ignore the baiting, mate...I'll visit them in full costume if they continue. My neighbours are used to the sights but others aren't lol.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

QuoteExcellent...ignore the baiting, mate...I'll visit them in full costume if they continue. My neighbours are used to the sights but others aren't lol.

Oh but these slurs on my otherwise flawless and sparkling  :lol: :lol: character must be answered, preferably with soggy kipopers at dawn, but not this time. This time I shall provide PICTURES!!!!

Sub assembly work on the 262 night fighter

The EF128 ready for the paint shop. No guersses for which theater she'll be in

Close up view of the Sub assemblies

More to follow as the steps progress

lancer

More In progress pics.

The EF128 with its bottom colour on - Finally got to use the airbrush I brought at Telford last November!! Very nice it is too..

And the main body of the 262 is together. I deliberatly left out the etch seatbelts asI want to use them on something else.  But like the old BR slogan It's getting there.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Huma and Special Hobby kits Lance ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 09, 2010, 01:22:03 AM
Huma and Special Hobby kits Lance ?

Yep.
Update, the 128 has just had a lighter primer coat sa as the top colour isn't too dark when it goes on in about 5 minutes. And the 262 fuselage is together  with nice gaps that I've filled with plastic card and sanded to shape with a bit more filler under ther nose to fill the gap there and smooth out a little step.
Pics forthcoming

Nev - AB?? Don't understand. Blame it on the deep root canal and oainkillers

Barry Krell

Airbrush I think.

From memory, the fit of the nose and tail sections will need a fair amount of filler/sanding to blend in.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

lancer

Quote from: Barry Krell on April 09, 2010, 02:10:26 PM
Airbrush I think.

From memory, the fit of the nose and tail sections will need a fair amount of filler/sanding to blend in.

Doh!!! of course it's Airbrush!! 
Your memory is spot on Barry. Finally got to a stage where I'm happy with the blending.

dumaniac

Hi Lancer

i built on of those Me262 HG3's - the narrow undercart is something to be mindful of - any minor variation on length will put the wings on a tilt.  This problem is a smaller issue as the width of the undercart increases on any aircraft. Sanding the bottom of the wheels slightly differently is one way to correct minor length differences.  This would have been a bitc... to land.  Must admit, I did the 48 scale conversion of this one and gave it the wide undercart with the wheels folding inwards - outboards of the donks.

Are you going to do squiggle camo?

Cheers

Bernie  

lancer

Junkers EF 128a-1a

After being ordered into production in mid 1945, the frist units were receiving this nippy little fighter by mid 1946. One of the first units to receive it was JG2 just prior to thier transfer to the Western desert to provide additional fighter cover for the Afrika Corps against increasing British and allied air power. The aircraft pictured is @Black 13' form the 2 staffel and is seen carrying the new design slipper tanks that were added to the original a model to increase the range at surprisingly little loss in overall performance. Well liked by both its pilots and ground crew, there are high hopes that the presence of this machine will level the playing field so far as airpower is concerned.

Not much of a back story but there it is! The model is the 1:72 Huma kit which is a lovely little kit to build and goes together well. The slipper tanks I pincherd from the MiG 15 which is ok because I was never going to use them on that anyway. Well this is my first submission for a long time and I hope you lot like it.

GTX

Cough..Ju-289...cough!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!