New Silver Cloud conversions out at Cosford Model Show

Started by Freightdog862, April 01, 2010, 01:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hello, I've been a bit quiet on the forum for a while, but hopefully I'm back now with two new 1/72nd resin sets due out 11th April at Cosford, all being well. The sets will be;

GAM-87 Skybolt equipped Avro Vulcan B.Mk 2  (What-if production version)
GAM-87 Skybolt equipped TSR-2 (what-if production version)

These will followed later by the prototype Skybolt Vulcan B.Mk 2 set (XH537). The differences being that the production version was to be Olympus 301 powered, using the Airfix kit tailpipes, where as the prototype set also includes new 201 tailpipes, narrower air intakes (only on early B.MK 2's such as XH537) and trail camera's, fitted on fuselage and wing tips to film the missile test launch. Strictly speaking the production version was a B.Mk 3, but I'm not doing a set for that!

The TSR-2 set is more a bit of fun, and includes two missiles with overwing pylons, a method of carriage that was dismissed (if it was ever considered) fairly quickly, but none the less makes for a interesting model!

I will hopefully be able to confirm price, availability and post some pictures early next week. If they do make it to Cosford, and your visiting the show next weekend, do pop over and say hello, I'll be about twenty feet away from the SIG stand, in front of the Shorts S.B.5.

Colin

PR19_Kit

Skybolts on OVERwing pylons?  :o :o

Now that's Whiff thinking if ever I saw it, can't wait to see the hardware at Cosford.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Martin H

Unfortunately,

Freightdog862

Don't know final price yet Martin, should have an idea from Paul on tuesday. TSR-2 set will be cheaper as the pylons are much smaller than on the Vulcan.
Colin

Freightdog862

Hi chaps, still no price yet, but Paul is progressing well and I expect to have a dozen sets each of Skybolt set at Cosford.

Any interest in following these up with a Grand Slam II set?

Colin

Aircav

Well I'll have a set of the Vulcan Skybolts please  ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Martin H

Unfortunately,

thedarkmaster

QuoteAny interest in following these up with a Grand Slam II set?

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

I'd like a set of each as well please

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Freightdog862

Skybolts arrived ok and are packed up now. Price will be in region of £12.00 for Vulcan and £11.00 for TSR-2 set.
I also have new stock of the P.1083 Supsonic Hunter, which has been unavailable for a while.
See you at Cosford!
Colin

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on April 09, 2010, 04:21:34 PM
I also have new stock of the P.1083 Supsonic Hunter, which has been unavailable for a while.

Oh goody!  :lol: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

Hi Colin
picked up the Vulcan Skybolt on Sunday morning when I was with Martin, very nice missiles.  :thumbsup:
All the best
Steve

Sir Sydney Camm

Martin H

thats it blame me!

both Skybolt sets are top quality and well worth the asking price  :thumbsup:. As is the supersonic hunter (had a good look at the example Kit laid his hands on  ;D )
Unfortunately,