Dalek Tank Idea

Started by Cobra, March 30, 2010, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, Being a Big Doctor Who Fan, i often Wondered about something. What If if there were a Dalek Tank, something almost like the Hunter-Killer from the Terminator Movies? would that be a WHIF worth Building? thanks for looking. Dan

puddingwrestler

I assume it is a Dalek in and of itself, not a tank crewed by Daleks. So it would be sort of like the tanks in 1st edition Warhammer 40,000 where the crews where hard wired into the tanks machinery and could not be removed...
I assume it's roughly pentagonal shaped with a big dome turret mounting a massive toilet plunger and egg beater combo and has huge spakers somewhere for yelling 'exterminate' out of...
Otherwise it would nto be recognisably Dalek and people would just assume another SF hover tank, of which there are millions of builds.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Cobra

that's the General Idea. What Tank Chasis would work for Building 1?? any Ideas?

puddingwrestler

Don't put it on a chassis - Daleks themselves have skirts which reach the floor and pevent anyone from seeing what the hell they move around on, so why shouldn't the tank. Just scratch the whole thing from plasticard. To be honest, I'd expect a Dalek tank to hover, or at least be advanced enough that using any terrestrial tank as basis would spoil the effect.

Weaver

Probably not unlike a high-tech version of Leonardo's original design:

;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Mossie

Quote from: puddingwrestler on March 30, 2010, 08:15:50 PM
I assume it is a Dalek in and of itself, not a tank crewed by Daleks.

There was a Special Weaopns Daleks, a heavilly armed & armoured Dalek:

This one is 'Dalek Storm' which is a fan creation, based on a comic story:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

proditor

Ya know, if you wanted to get really funky, then have there be an actual crewed tank.  You could have a central pylon with attachment ports inside that all of the Daleks back into to "crew" the vehicle.  I might not be describing this well...

Hobbes

I don't know, to me it seems the Dalek shape we know  :dalek: already is a tank. Anything bigger would be in the form of a spaceship, not a ground vehicle.

puddingwrestler

I see that Dalek Storm stops at nothing except kitties. This is as it should be.

philp

If you are considering a manned (Dalaked?) vehicle, it could work much the same way the Droid Battle Tank from Star Wars is done only with niches to roll into their positions.  So, probably a bigger vehicle or only crewed by a couple of Dalaks.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Quote from: puddingwrestler on March 31, 2010, 03:32:05 PM
I see that Dalek Storm stops at nothing except kitties. This is as it should be.
There are certain similarities between Daleks and Cats  ;D

Chris (definately a dog person  ;D)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.