Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Taiidantomcat

Spectacular! Who would have thought that flying saucers on a carrier would look so awesome  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

puddingwrestler

What a magnificent way to annoy the JMN - there's so much junk on the internet and in print about Nazi flying saucers that you could easily find some 'research' to back it up :thumbsup:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

jcf

Well that's just silly and incorrect, because as everyone knows the Graf Zeppelin was equipped with the same Vril engines
as the saucers and flew. Modelling it hull-borne, how pedestrian.  :wacko:

Cobra

Who's been Playing 'Naval Ops:Warship Gunner'??? they had something like that Among the Aircraft you could Equip in the Game! Very Cool Pic & I Agree some JMN's would be Well POed about it ;D ;D Any more?

frank2056

That seems to be the only picture taken.
My JMN moment wasn't with the flying saucers or the Mistels at the catapult... but with the ships wake. "Ships under way don't make wakes like that!" Doh!

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on March 30, 2010, 11:09:21 PM
My JMN moment wasn't with the flying saucers or the Mistels at the catapult... but with the ships wake. "Ships under way don't make wakes like that!" Doh!

We all fall foul to moments like that Frank   ;D

By the way I hadn't noticed the Mistels 'till you mentioned them  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Oh just wonderful.....just amazing!!

And Flying Saucers couls go on Battleships too!!!!! ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Spey_Phantom

that looks great, even better then the t-rex's in f-14's  :lol:
me like  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

Nice one!  :thumbsup:

If you wanted to take the idea further, then a flying saucer carrier doesn't really need a long take-off/landing deck, so how about a hull with a carrier island on the centreline and a series of circular decks "floating" around it on open structure in an entertainingly asymeteric way?  Maybe with a couple of V1 launchers on the bow....:wub:

Very roughly, something like this:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Cliffy B

Quote from: Nils on March 31, 2010, 04:25:21 AM

What about raptors in a panzer?
http://www.gregplummer.com/other/other.html

That guy's site is full of whiffs, take a look at the planes section for an Aussie Turbo prop Skyraider!
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

frank2056

I thought the idea of a flying saucer carrier is brilliant; you have a place to park the saucers until you get near to the target, then you have plenty of room to launch regular fighters for CAP.

The question then is - if you have FLYING SAUCERS why would you need regular wingy things?

philp

Quote from: Nils on March 31, 2010, 04:25:21 AM

Hmmm. not sure.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

cthulhu77

Very cool !  :cheers:  I think you just changed my train of thought on an ongoing project.