Luftwaffe Me-263 Tigerhai

Started by sotoolslinger, March 27, 2010, 06:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

So I went to 2 different english to german translators and apparantly the German word for Tigershark is Tigershark :blink:
Anyway I had this idea back when this GB first started but I found that my Me-262 had no clear parts so I had to order another one and now I have it. :thumbsup:
This will be a major reconfigure of a 262 with the engines buried in the fuselage and a Me-163 Komet tail rocket added.
This is a teaser as all I got done yesterday was to build the gun platform. Gotta love 4 30 mm cannon :wacko:

Edited to correct the name
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

The Rat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 27, 2010, 06:10:01 AM
So I went to 2 different english to german translators and apparantly the German word for Tigershark is Tigershark

According to Babelfish the German for 'shark' is 'Haifisch'.

Love the work so far!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

ChernayaAkula

Und der Haifisch, der hat Zähne.... (from Mack the Knife)

"Haifisch" is the translation to shark, but it's a tad outdated. You would shorten it to "Hai" only. Tigerhai would be the German equivalent of tigershark.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Slerski

Indeed it's Tigerhai and her mouth is well equipped with 4 30mm cannons  ;D
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

sotoolslinger

Moritz would be the go to authority here so Tigerhai it is :thumbsup: :wub:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

I am working the cockpit right now. I am really not so sure about this Hasegawa stuff. The instructions are somewhat badly translated and some of the parts, specifically the bulkheads look .....off. I do like the fact that this kit has a full weapons platform.

Whereas the Revell kit just has the guns cast into the fuselage. It is going to be a shame to cover the cool guns up. Oh well we'll see how the panels fit. Maybe I can leave them open for display.
Sometimes I wonder why I go to the trouble to paint up stuff no one will ever see :banghead:
I amuse me.

GTX

QuoteThis will be a major reconfigure of a 262 with the engines buried in the fuselage and a Me-163 Komet tail rocket added.

So something like this perhaps:

Nice work on the guns!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sotoolslinger

Very similar to that Greg  :wub: Excellent profile :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

Well I'm sold!!  :o nicely done GTX
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

dumaniac

Yours is probably going to be better than my conversion - I lack patience.  I used a Monogram 262 in 48 scale.  Added a two-seat conversion from CMK and the radar in the nose.  I used two nacelles from a Hustler from a friend who trashed the model.  They fit nice against the fuselage but naturally needs bog and sanding.  Standard 262 wings fit good outboard of the Hustler nacelles.   I put one jumo-004 engine in the Hustler nacelle and left the engine cover off so you can check out the donk.  I made a wide undercart for stability in landings and take-offs - wheels flowing inwards with the wheels up against the engines.  The camo was field grey with RLM65 squiggle - red nose and tail rudder.  Put in a bit of extra plumbing lines in the wheel well area to spruce it up a bit.  My models are one metre models - they look okay at one metre.  Good luck with the rest of the model.  cheers Bernie in Australia

sotoolslinger

So this Hasegawa is an extremely crappy model. The locating pins are few to nonexistant and it uses the bulkheads on the gun platform and cockpit to give the proper shape to the fuselage :banghead: :banghead:

Luckily I have plenty o tape and rubber bands.
It should not matter a whole bunch as this (like most of my builds) will be mostly putty anyway :wacko: ;D
So here is the Toolslinger version of a rocket tail

Did I mention I was going to use a bunch of putty :thumbsup:
It's called a Tigershark ,guess where the tailplanes are going to go
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

Nice work I like the underside that ventral fin really adds something  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Thanks 'cat I plan on blending the entire 163 tail forward into the fuselage. I am going to Austin tomorrow to get a mess o plastic stock so I can cut out shapes and not have to use so much putty. If I don't the thing will weigh 5 lbs. ;D :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

GTX

Will we see an appropriate paint scheme on this?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.