Panzer Fallschirmjäger Porsche

Started by ysi_maniac, March 26, 2010, 08:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

The Parachutist's "Ten Commandments"

Here is a translation of a document captured from a German parachute trooper who was taken prisoner in Greece. Its title is "The Parachutist's Ten Commandments."

1. You are the elite of the German Army. For you, combat shall be fulfillment. You shall seek it out and train yourself to stand any test.

2. Cultivate true comradeship, for together with your comrades you will triumph or die.

3. Be shy of speech and incorruptible. Men act, women chatter; chatter will bring you to the grave.

4. Calm and caution, vigor and determination, valor and a fanatical offensive spirit will make you superior in attack.

5. In facing the foe, ammunition is the most precious thing. He who shoots uselessly, merely to reassure himself, is a man without guts. He is a weakling and does not deserve the title of parachutist.

6. Never surrender. Your honor lies in Victory or Death.

7. Only with good weapons can you have success. So look after them on the principle—First my weapons, then myself.

8. You must grasp the full meaning of an operation so that, should your leader fall by the way, you can carry it out with coolness and caution.

9. Fight chivalrously against an honest foe; armed irregulars deserve no quarter.

10. With your eyes open, keyed up to top pitch, agile as a greyhound, tough as leather, hard as Krupp steel, you will be the embodiment of a German warrior.

:o :blink: :o

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

So if I read this correctly, you are going to have a para-dropped version of this tank...holy cow, what's the carrier aircraft???

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

lancer

Will be interesting to see this tank. How many 'chutes will it need to stop from breaking when it hit's the ground?
also liked the 'Ten commandments' a lot too.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

tc2324

Looking forward to this, will make a refreshing change from the norm.  :thumbsup:

Can`t remember if it was the Germans or Soviets, but one of them looked into fitting tanks with wings during the war so they could be toed like a glider and `fly` onto the battlefield.
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

Quote from: tc2324 on March 27, 2010, 02:23:32 PM
Looking forward to this, will make a refreshing change from the norm.  :thumbsup:

Can`t remember if it was the Germans or Soviets, but one of them looked into fitting tanks with wings during the war so they could be toed like a glider and `fly` onto the battlefield.

Soviets but I think it was pre war
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ysi_maniac

As it was stablised in the old Alt Luftwaffe thread:
Hermann Goering Division was a Luftwaffe armoured division http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallschirm-Panzer_Division_1_Hermann_G%C3%B6ring
So a standard tank can fit in this GB, no need to be air dropable, IMO.

This Porsche project, called Typ 180 and VK 45.01 (P2), existed. It began in May 1941 and was cancelled in November 1942 mainly due to problems with engines.
My Alt history may be that the Luftwaffe has problems to get supply of Henschel's King Tiger, as these were almost exclusively reserved for Waffen SS, them H.Goering manages to firm a contract with Porsche to produce this tank exclusively for Luftwaffe units.

BTW I have another idea that requires more work: scalorama with the hull of a 1/72 JagdPanther and a 1/35 Fallschirmjäger figure to build something like a Wiesel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiesel_AWC

ysi_maniac

More info on Porsche Typ 180: http://fingolfen.tripod.com/tiger/vk4502p.html
My model will be very similar but not equal. Pics soon ...

ysi_maniac