O

Spitfires!!

Started by Ollie, April 04, 2004, 08:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

It has been a while since my last work update, but here is one.

Today I finished painting my Spit IXb, and it's now ready for detailing and decals.  I need to order resin exhausts though, because the engine in it is a Packard 266 and not a Merlin 61/66.

Here it is, next to me Spit II.

Scale is 1/48, kit is ICM.

Ollie

Ollie

Now this is all my Spits.

From left to right : Spit VIII (Stocky Edward's), Spit IXb, Spit II and Spit Vb (Beurling's).

nev

Nice spit collection  :wub:

BTW, whats the score with the Spit IX in green/brown camo?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteSpit VIII, Spit IXb, Spit II and Spit Vb.
A few years ago, I was desperate not to find any 1/72nd Griffon-Spitfire, as I found them so much more beautiful than the Merlin ones, personnally (I know many enthusiasts have an opposite opinion). Then Pegasus made a Seafire 47 with a big scoop, not at all the beautiful Mk.14 or 24 that I was hoping. I may check by myself what has appeared since then, but maybe you know all already, Ollie, if you have checked before choosing the ones in your gallery ?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

WeeJimmy

Spitacular work, Ollie !!!!!!!! :P  :P  

Ollie

Nev, just wait and see.

You'll understand why the colours....

:P  B)

Thanks guys!!

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Looking good, Olivier !

That's something I've always wanted to do, was a whole row of CDN Spits, the Squadrons and aces, as well as all the different Mks.

You must have that beauty ipms Canada aces sheet ?

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

That's my plan Toad!

I have the sheet and already have the Spit VIII and the Hurricane I taken from it.

Next is a Gladiator.

:wub:  

Captain Canada

Yeah, that was a nice sheet, especially being FOC !

I gave the 48th scale side to a friend, and kept the 'real' scale sheet for myself !

:P  :wub:  :lol:  :D  :o  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?