Not a Rafale ! - (97%) F I N I S H E D !!

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, March 18, 2010, 02:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Started something new...... Yes it is a 'filler hog' and yes I have glued/sprayed the undercart before painting and masking the camo  :o

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

Mmmm, Gripen!  Is this the start of 5th generation canard delta blitz, Typhoon & Vigorous Dragon next???

Hope you don't knock off the undercart like this cack-handed so & so would... :banghead:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Scooterman

Hehe.  This is going to be killer.  I know what it's going to be, but I have been threatened with Twigletboarding if I do tell, so I have to watch with anticipation. ;D

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sauragnmon

I'm intrigued, should turn out rather promising I think.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Sisko

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 18, 2010, 02:03:58 AM

Ian

I tried that once but kept knocking off the gear to the point I ended having to build it gear up!

I am intrigued to see how this one comes out!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Got it all masked-up yesterday morning, then went-out and shot some (Humbrol) EDSG over the canopy framing, then some (Humbrol) Barley grey over the radome, and all the areas of filler - which amounts to quite a few acres on this wee thing !! - After that I was summoned to a top secret, high-level meeting to discuss important modelling topics and talk utter b*ll*cks at a local hostelry (you remember the one, Nev), with the Dork..... Managed to pass m'self off as sober when I collected the Toddler-Gatherer's at 1645..... just  :drink:

More on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks for looking and the comments so far.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Then hide some of the blue with some bits of Tamiya masking tape:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

And finally assault the poor little thing with some Light Compass Grey and remove the aforementioned masking:

As ever all questions, comments and outrage are warmly welcomed. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Sauragnmon

This is an OUTRAGE!!!

OUS COLOUR SCHEME!!!  Seriously, the tigerstripe effect looks awesome, IHG!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Ian I've a fairly complicated camo pattern to mask up (complicated for me anyway) did you cut the tape whilst on the model or before applying it ?

Chris, who's not sure which way to go (Don't comment Duncan or Radish  ;D)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Chris
On the cutting board. If you try to cut on the model, I guarantee you will find that you will have scored through to the paint, when you come to lift the tape. Trust me on this one  :mellow:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)