Kaiserliche Luftwaffe BF-109K

Started by Sauragnmon, March 17, 2010, 10:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Alright, I got on a mental detour with my Sovremenny II, but here I am, a little late to the party.  I pulled the Fine Molds 109K I have off the stash pile, and she's been sitting for a while waiting for me to get the gusto together.  I started yesterday, opted to skip the cockpit for simplicity sake, and to avoid detracting from the real work of the plane, which will be the paintjob.  Essentially, she'll be in pure Kaiser Style, with Iron Crosses and a modernized Lozenge camoflage job, and aside from that straight out of the box.  I've got the fuselage together, engine cowlings in place, the wings and tailplanes are on, and her first colour's just been finished - Pale Grey.  Much more to go on this beastie.  The canopy's been painted on the inside, have yet to do the framing just yet.  She should prove to be fun.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

NARSES2

Like the idea.

I've done a couple of Cold War 20/30's Luftwaffe builds. The premise being that the German armed forces were built up under a constitutional monarchy by the allies in order to counter the Red Threat. Not done any lozenge stuff but used a lot of WWI heraldry etc
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sauragnmon

Well, mine might not turn out to be full blown lozenge, I'll admit - So far it seems to be larger pieces, but certainly it'll be Lozenge inspired, and will feature more than the three grays I have laid down so far.  I'll probably grab a pic of it to show you gents later today or tomorrow.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

GTX

QuoteI'll probably grab a pic of it to show you gents later today or tomorrow

Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sauragnmon

Alright, a little later than advertised, here she is, pictures of the progress on my Alt 109K.  There's far more camo work to come, so don't despair.  I'll also do her markings afterwards, as they were normally applied over camo and the like.  So, without further adoo, here's the pics.

Yes, it's freehand, and yes, I'm nuts, but I like to challenge myself.

As always, gents - Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are welcomed, invited, and appreciated.

tc2324

love the three tone camo job on this and looking forward to the end result. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Sauragnmon

heh Three is not the end of this camo pattern... I've got at least two more colours to add before I do the bands and crosses, TC.

ChernayaAkula

Two more colours? One of them needs to be mauve or something like that.  :wacko:

Looks cool so far!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

Ja, herr Moritz - one of the colours will be a non-gray, and similar to the Theater Markings band, I'm thinking Blue potentially, or something else in mind.

Sauragnmon

Alright, here we go.  Latest update.  I hauled arse on the camo, and inspired by Herr Moritz's thinking of mauve, whipped out an old Citadel paint - Red Gore.  I applied that in spots, and then looked over and spotted my Shadow Grey, threw that on as well, and called the camo good with the Dark Bluegrey added.  The bands on the wings and fuselage are the bone primer I use for my white, saves on the seven hundred coats of white approach.  I also painted the canopy framing with the Shadow Grey, for some reason I got inspired in so doing, and did two larger lozenges, one on either side, giving it a partially false canopy look just for kicks.  Pics!

As Always, Gentlemen - Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are welcome, invited, and appreciated.

Das ist alles.