RELEASE THE KRAAKEN! Saab JAS-59 AS Kraaken

Started by dragon, March 16, 2010, 07:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

The sea off the Somali Coast
The captain of the MV Amphitrite knew he was in trouble when the pirates launched their missile just out of missile range at his vessel.  The ocean liner would not be able to take a hit, and thankfully the pirates' first shot had missed.  It was time to call in the Cavalry.  He radioed NATO/ EU NAVFORCE Somalia for help and gave them his coordinates.

Anti-Piracy Operations base Cutlass
Admiral Andrew Freeman (USN) had the watch.  A NATO sailor ran up to him and handed him a printout and stood by for orders.  Oceanliner MV Amphitrite was under fire and things were getting worse.  It was time to launch the Alert aircraft.
"Launch the Alert aircraft", ordered Admiral Freeman in his characteristic Brooklyn accent.  Being a child of the 1980s he tought about it for half a second and smiled like a happy shark.  "RELEASE THE KRAAKEN!"

"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Tophe

Wonderful! :thumbsup: Congratulations!
Could you tell us from where came the modelling parts the designer inspiration? ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Cobra

Super Cool :mellow: why do i Almost feel i'm gonna Hear,"Thunderbirds are Go"????????? Very Well Done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: any more cool planes Planned??????  :cheers: :cheers: Dan

dragon

I tried to make the combination F-20 Tigershark with the JAS 39 Grippen.  However it looked kind of off balance with all that nose and just one nozzle.  I had to add a pair of nozzles from an F-18.  The rest came from a deranged imagination.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

dragon

The What-If muse has not inspired me yet this year.

ChernayaAkula

I wouldn't want to be a Somali pirate on the receiving end of THAT:wacko: Pretty darn cool!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Slerski

Wow !! Very nice plane... I'm not a Somaliiiiiii  ;D
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

This is very cool.  Like a perfect extrapolation into the future.  I tried a similar "future SAAB" idea once but yours is a much better concept.   :bow:  :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

dragon

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 21, 2010, 08:03:10 PM
This is very cool.  Like a perfect extrapolation into the future.  I tried a similar "future SAAB" idea once but yours is a much better concept.   :bow:  :bow:
Honestly, the reason it was called JAS 59 had to do with the donor kits.  JAS 39 Grippen + F20 Tigershark= JAS 59 Kraaken (given the SAAB naming trend). 

Tophe

Quote from: dragon on March 16, 2010, 10:54:55 PM
The rest came from a deranged imagination.
Deranged or wonderful? You enjoy us and we clap hands, this does not look like a psychiatric hospital... ;D (or maybe we are the other ill ones... Anyway, let's have fun before the next injection :cheers: )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

anthonyp

This I like.  Insane, wonderful, and gorgeous!!!!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Amphion

Quote from: dragon on March 21, 2010, 11:25:24 PM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 21, 2010, 08:03:10 PM
Honestly, the reason it was called JAS 59 had to do with the donor kits.  JAS 39 Grippen + F20 Tigershark= JAS 59 Kraaken (given the SAAB naming trend).

And what would be the actual meening of the word KRAAKEN, it has no direct correlation in swedish?
Amphion