Stuka's over Spain

Started by NARSES2, March 16, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

This is my entry.

Main construction complete and first primer done. Needs some Mr Surfacer then I can get the paint out  ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Is that the faint hint of spats I see peeking out from underneath the wing?
:wub:
Brian da Basher

NARSES2

Quote from: Brian da Basher on March 21, 2010, 05:44:54 PM
Is that the faint hint of spats I see peeking out from underneath the wing?
:wub:
Brian da Basher

Trousers actually Brian  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sequoiaranger

I like how this is shaping up.

It's also something I had on my "list" to do a long time ago. But I will never do it (got rid of some 1500 models in stash). So I am glad to see you are doing it.

If you haven't already decided, I would favor the radial, to give it a distinct look apart from the Ju-87 Stuka. You know, the close cowl with the streamlined bumps for the pushrods. Kinda like a Henschel 123 monoplane (this was discussed in another thread).
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

jcf

Hi Craig,

Unless I'm greatly mistaken Chris is doing the P&W powered Ha 137 V2 (Olimp kit ?), at least that's what the photo leads me to believe.  ;D

:cheers:

Jon

NARSES2

It is the V2 John, but the Planet kit. Very nice and simple. The wing is one piece and includes the full undercarriage.

I do have both the Olimp kits in the stash, but 1 will be Hungarian and the other possibly Japanese, instead of the Ju 87 they actually got for trials.

She's now painted up, has the transfers on and just needs matting and a few final bits of paint, been an enjoyable build. As far as in-progress shots go I must be a member of Radish's accademy as well  :banghead:

Barry Krell

If you're going Japanese, the company to use would by Kawasaki, given that Richard Vogt worked for/with them.  A lot of their aircraft showed his trademarks.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

NARSES2

Quote from: Barry Krell on April 09, 2010, 02:20:17 PM
If you're going Japanese, the company to use would by Kawasaki, given that Richard Vogt worked for/with them.  A lot of their aircraft showed his trademarks.

Cheers Barry, didn't know that

NARSES2

Well she's finished and I'm quite happy with her

Ha 137 of the "Stuka Kette" of the Condor Legion, Spain 1937.

Model is the Planet kit with the markings from a Fujimi Ju 87.

Nice kit and all I've added is the scratched bomb trapeze, 20mm cannon, pitot and aerial pole. I went with a single aerial rather then the wing tip mounted ones of the original V2 prototype as I thought they were a little impractical for active service.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sequoiaranger

I like the "pig" decal, too. In fact, as I watched this project coming along, I was going to suggest using the "Jolanthe" emblem. Good on you!

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

lancer

Oh yeah, that looks very good
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Looking good.....does it go on a boat? ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on April 15, 2010, 01:54:12 PM
Looking good.....does it go on a boat? ;D

Strange you should say that, I was thinking of a Kreigsmarine one yesterday whilst looking at an Hs 123  ;D

Thanks Gents

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones