French Roundels in The Far East ?

Started by NARSES2, March 10, 2010, 07:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

In my own little world the French keep on fighting from their overseas territories Africa post 1940.

However I have a problem in the SEAC theatre. Given the allies predilection for avoiding red in national markings etc what do you think the French red/white/blue roundel would have become ? Do you think they would have simply dropped the red and gone white/blue with possibly a yellow outline ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

How about reversed British SEAC roundels?
Pale blue with dark blue centers.

Wasn't the yellow ring a late-war/post-war addition?

Geoff

Perhaps they used the cross if Lorraine with RAF/RAAF roundels?

NARSES2

Now put those two together and I have a plan  ;D

Roundels Pale/India blue outer ; dark blue inner

The tail stripes replaced by a Cross of Lorraine.

Thanks gents
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sequoiaranger

Since the Allies generally sported only blue and white for the Far East, how about a royal blue roundel with a WHITE cross of Lorraine superimposed inside it. From distance it would look somewhat like an American star-in-a-blue-field. (Pic is from a French aircraft I whiffed with a white roundel and red Cross-of-Lorraine in it---I just changed the colors.)

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

NARSES2

sequoiaranger

Don't they look nice? Love the tail, too!

Now WHAT would Polish aircraft be doing in Indochina??  :huh: ;D
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

cafe

A french air force roundel without red looks a bit too british/commonwealth but still... what about these?

NARSES2

Now those light blue/white/dark blue ones do look nice cafe  :thumbsup:

I may well use them on some models I've got planned and combine them with the Cross of Loraine

cafe