Concorde Missile Carrier Idea

Started by Cobra, March 04, 2010, 01:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, Just had an Idea:how about using the Concorde as the Basis for a Missile Carrier Aircraft for either Transporting or Launching Missiles??????? i was just searching through here and the Idea hit me!!!!!!! tell what you think,OK??????? thanks for Looking. Dan :cheers: :cheers:

pyro-manic

"Bombcorde" is quite a popular whiff - more than one person here has built one, I know - and a logical extension of that would be a Blue Steel/SRAM carrier. Anti-flash white with one or a pair of semi-recessed missiles under the belly would look good. Alternatively, for something a bit more unusual, PRU blue and grey, PRU Pink, or Hemp and grey would be good too. Or there's always the French camo schemes their Mirage IVs wore, USAF SIOP or SEA camo, NMF with red stars (ooh, Tu-144 bomber!), etc etc. Lots of possibilities. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Daryl J.

Could you put a 1/144 Concorde on the back of a 1/72 XB-70 and have the Concorde be the missle?    Or are dimensions off too much?

A Concorde with a pair of Hound Dog-esque missiles slung beneath the wings would look cool.   

:cheers:
Daryl J.

Weaver

I've got a stalled project for a 1/144th scale Concorde flying boat with a recce drone on it's back made from a 1/72nd Bloodhound....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

chrisonord

Quote from: Daryl J. on March 04, 2010, 09:51:02 AM
Could you put a 1/144 Concorde on the back of a 1/72 XB-70 and have the Concorde be the missle?    Or are dimensions off too much?

A Concorde with a pair of Hound Dog-esque missiles slung beneath the wings would look cool.   

:cheers:
Daryl J.
I think a 1/144th scale concorde would be way too big to go on anything really, as even at this scale it is a big aircraft, I scalerama'd 2 in 1/144 up to 1/72nd scale and they are big aircraft at that scale too.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Daryl J.

Thanks,  and chances are there are no 1/288 Concorde kits eh?

Daryl J.

Hobbes

No, but there is a small-scale (1:300 or so) Tu-144 kit. Academy, I think.

kitnut617

Daryl J.

Hmm!  it's possible, here's a pick of a 1/72 XB-72 and a 1/72 Concorde.

I have a Concorde B.1 on the go, I'm going to put three Blue Steels under it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

GTX

have the Concorde be the missle? 

Maybe as a super Mistel with something like a F-104 on it's back?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

upnorth

Quote from: GTX on March 05, 2010, 11:54:35 AM
have the Concorde be the missle? 

Maybe as a super Mistel with something like a F-104 on it's back?

Regards,

Greg

Why would you stick something American on it? The Concord was Anglo-French so stick a Sepecat Jaguar on her rather than an F-104.

Or, given the size of the Concord, you could use something larger of either British or French origin. Say a Mirage IV   or Sea Vixen. :thumbsup:
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

GTX

Ok, Mirage III then. 

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

Put a Nord Griffon on the back and use the Concorde's speed to light the ramjet...... :mellow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

dy031101

To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here