A few more What Ifs

Started by tigercat2, February 28, 2010, 08:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

After a flurry of activity, I have cranked out a few more What ifs; some are presented here.  Remember, in this What if world (at least in mine), anything goes; no rules, just right.

Wes W.

tigercat2

sideshowbob9

Gorgeous Thuds and that Tiger Crusader is something else!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Thats a nice collection. Love the Aeronvale Buckeye
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat2

Thanks so much; here are a few more.

Wes W.

tigercat2

Scooterman

pyro-manic

Argh! Where did you get those Estonian markings from?? I've been looking for some for ages!

Great stuff, the Tiger-striped Crusader and the Dog Sabres are my favourites. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

tigercat2

Quote from: pyro-manic on February 28, 2010, 10:31:02 AM
Argh! Where did you get those Estonian markings from?? I've been looking for some for ages!

Great stuff, the Tiger-striped Crusader and the Dog Sabres are my favourites. :thumbsup:

I don't recall where I got the Estonian markings from; I have a decal stash that goes back 40 years; they may have come out of one of the "Roundels of the World" sheets that I have from Zotz decals.

Here a few more; some F-104s with F-16 wings and tail

Wes W.

Brian da Basher

Oh yeah that German P-39 will get the JMNs in a twist!

Outstanding work, Wes!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

How is that white/orange USAF bird done? I love it! :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

tigercat2

Quote from: ysi_maniac on February 28, 2010, 01:00:08 PM
How is that white/orange USAF bird done? I love it! :wub: :thumbsup:

The White/Orange bird in the photo with the F-104s is a Mirage F.1 with F-104 tip tanks.  I thought the F.1 is a very good looking aircraft, and wondered what a USAF version would look like.  I went a bit overboard and have built 9 to date, with a 10th one ready for assembly. 

The other White/Orange bird is a Hasagawa F-8 in White/Orange with tiger decals lifted from a Tornado.

Wes W.

tigercat2

Here is another shot of the white/orange F-8.

Wes W.

chrisonord

That is a very impressive collection there Wes, and I really admire the imagination you put into your paint jobs, they look so right.
Cheers for being such an inspiration to us all :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

tigercat2

Thanks so much; I have been doing What-Ifs for over 40 years, and have managed to build up a few (500+) to date.  Here is a shot of the "rotating display" that I have in the office.

Wes W.