another Cartel Mig 21 added to the shoal.

Started by chrisonord, February 27, 2010, 05:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This one is the Mig-21 SMT by Condor, and another addition to my shoal of Fishbeds for my Cartel air force ;D

Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

JJC

KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sauragnmon

Seriously nice work, Chris - the black and grey looks real good on that, the slight contrast gives it a good edge.

So tempted to find a source for some of those tanks, they're tickling my mind for an idea.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

pyro-manic

That just looks brutal in those colours. Very nice indeed! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

pyro-manic

Question for ya, Chris - is that spine tank the usual one, or a modified shape? I only ask because it looks rather angular in your photo, but I can't tell if it's a trick of the light or not.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Cobra

Sweet Paint Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: What Paints did you use to get such a Great Effect???? Looks Cool & Mean without Question!!!!!!!! Keep up the Great Work!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: Dan

chrisonord

Quote from: pyro-manic on March 01, 2010, 08:07:54 PM
Question for ya, Chris - is that spine tank the usual one, or a modified shape? I only ask because it looks rather angular in your photo, but I can't tell if it's a trick of the light or not.
Hya Alun,
The spine hump is original, as this is a newer variant, the Mig- 21-93, has the same shape also.
Cheers,
Chris.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

chrisonord

I forgot to say Alun, this is the Mig-21 SMT, and Cobra, the paint is Valejo matt black, with tamya matt dark sea grey airbrushed over the top.
I used Valejo matt varnish over the top, which is not very matt when dry as it leaves a satin finish :angry:
Chris.