F-15E refurb

Started by Eddie M., February 24, 2010, 05:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I built this Eagle many years ago when all I was concerned about was the rule of thumb. Get back far enough so that your thumb could cover the model and it looks good from there. I had applied the decals over a flat coat and no final coat. Silvered decals and all were there for all to see. I had been keeping it at work as an example of what aircraft we make parts for, but as the years went by, I really disliked it's look, so here it is. I'm doing an Arctic Eagle 2 paint job on it. Right now it's so busy that it would do as intended. It's so hard on the eyes that you would look away from it to keep from straining your eyes. :lol: Thanks goes to Baz for the inspiration. I'm saving the other Strike Eagle for a to be announced build once I can finish at least 6 of the models I'm working on right now. :blink: Alright, here is. don't look too long or you just might turn to stone! :drink:

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

That's a stunning paint job, Eddie!
:wub: :wub:
I really like your "rule of thumb". I'll have to start using it. It might help me feel better about my models.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Already looking forward to seeing more of your Arctic Eagle,
Brian da Basher

chrisonord

Excellent paint job Eddie  :thumbsup:
I have done similar schemes to some of my builds, but they are no way as neat as yours  :bow: :bow:
Cheers, :bow:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Eddie M.

Thank you very much Gentlemen! More progress tonight. :)
Look behind you!

beowulf

cracking paint job..............dunno about eyestrain, it would have given me brain strain doing that!  ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Eddie M.

Quote from: beowulf on February 25, 2010, 03:54:04 PM
cracking paint job..............dunno about eyestrain, it would have given me brain strain doing that!  ;D

Thank you Beowulf! It really isn't that hard or I wouldn't be doing it.;)The lighter shades were done with masking tape cut and into various shapes sprayed with rattle cans and the darker ,standout colors were done with tape and brush. After it's dry, I'll lightly sand it and one to the next step...

Look behind you!

lancer

Quote from: Brian da Basher on February 25, 2010, 02:12:50 AM
That's a stunning paint job, Eddie!
I really like your "rule of thumb". I'll have to start using it. It might help me feel better about my models.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Already looking forward to seeing more of your Arctic Eagle,
Brian da Basher

Thing is brian, your thumb would cover your models at about 3 inches or so, so how is the rule going to work for you? Besides the models you produce are bloody good ones mate.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Jeffry Fontaine

Odd, the comment I added yesterday appears to be MIA today.

Eddie,

That is a very impressive camouflage scheme. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on February 26, 2010, 03:21:58 PM
Odd, the comment I added yesterday appears to be MIA today.

Eddie,

That is a very impressive camouflage scheme. 

Thank you Jeffry. If you were to look inside my head, that's what you would see. Everything going every whichaway. ;D
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

For a non serious build, it came out okay for me. Here's the new look before I take it back to work.

Here's how it looked before the refrub..

Look behind you!

Jeffry Fontaine

Smart decision on the "special reflective coating" on your canopy to improve the stealthiness of your Eagle.  Definitely a unique camouflage scheme.  Heater and Ferris will be jealous.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Brian da Basher

The tinted canopy is the perfect compliment to that wicked camo, Eddie!

I bet this one's a blast to fly around the house!
Brian da Basher

Ed S

Very nice.  I really like the camo.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

That is just fantastic, Eddie.  Way to pull together a unique yet practical scheme.  Love this one!   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Too Cool Eddie! I can just see this bad boy keeping those russian probe flights at bay!

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.