Mig 21 Paint Scheme Q

Started by Cobra, February 23, 2010, 08:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, Is it OK to do 'Wild' Paint Schemes with Models of the Mig 21?????? would like to try some when i get the Chance & thought i'd ask You guys. I Saw a Model of a Mig-21 MF @ Michaels Recently and Got an Idea of Trying a Paint Scheme for it other than Either Standard Soviet or Indian AF!!!!! what say You? Thanks for looking. Dan

karlik

whatif camo schmes for MiG21MF Czechoslovak Air Force  :o

The Rat

Quote from: Cobra on February 23, 2010, 08:52:31 PMHey Guys, Is it OK to do 'Wild' Paint Schemes with Models of the Mig 21??????

Here, anything is permissible!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

JayBee

Quote from: The Rat on February 24, 2010, 04:37:10 AM
Quote from: Cobra on February 23, 2010, 08:52:31 PMHey Guys, Is it OK to do 'Wild' Paint Schemes with Models of the Mig 21??????

Here, anything is permissible!  :thumbsup:
Damned right.
In fact it is demanded :wacko:

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

The MG 21 looks good in almost any scheme, but the Czech juust take it to an entirely different level when they do thier machines!! Almost by default, I think thier one's are the best of the bunch!! Now why can't they do the same with thier Gripens instead of leaving them in boring grey??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

karlik

Quote from: lancer on February 24, 2010, 01:31:57 PM
The MG 21 looks good in almost any scheme, but the Czech juust take it to an entirely different level when they do thier machines!! Almost by default, I think thier one's are the best of the bunch!! Now why can't they do the same with thier Gripens instead of leaving them in boring grey??
Gripens are not the property of the Czech Air Force, but are leased from the manufacturer and he gave not permission to another color. There is one machine with temporary tail art
http://www.211squadron.cz/letka/ntm09/02.jpg

Cobra

Guys, i was Mistaken, the Model was a Mig-21PF,Not MF!!!!!!!!! sorry to confuse you!!!!!!!!Dan

The Rat

Quote from: Cobra on March 02, 2010, 01:43:57 AM
Guys, i was Mistaken, the Model was a Mig-21PF,Not MF!!!!!!!!! sorry to confuse you!!!!!!!!Dan

Around here we really don't worry much about PF or MF as long as it's a WhatF!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

GTX

Quote from: The Rat on March 02, 2010, 05:17:54 AM
Quote from: Cobra on March 02, 2010, 01:43:57 AM

Around here we really don't worry much about PF or MF as long as it's a WhatF!  ;D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Allan

I'm with Lancer--the MIG 21 looks good in anything.
Allan

ChernayaAkula

You want wild Fishbed schemes? Have a look at Gecko's efforts then! Click >>HERE<< for awesomeness!  :bow:

Quote from: karlik on February 24, 2010, 02:47:13 AM
whatif camo schmes for MiG21MF Czechoslovak Air Force  :o

Neat!  :thumbsup: The current Czech colours on their Hinds, Hips, Curls and whatnot are amongst my favourite contemporary camo schemes (also whit the low-viz roundels). And "splintered", it almost looks twice as good!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?