Almost there prototype - Morsertrager SP 12cm Mortar

Started by buzzbomb, February 22, 2010, 02:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

One of the great things about the Germans during WWII was some of the great forward looking prototypes that were developed.

One that caught my eye was the 12cm Mortar Carrier, based on the 38t series Marder vehicles

Mock up example

So starting with a Tamiya Marder IIIM I knocked up some card superstructure

Rivets are from Tichytrain.. lotsa drilling and fiddly tweezer work here

Where we are at just before painting Starts

The mortar is the Zvesda 120mm mortar with the tube replaced with Aluminium

Post some more when the painting is done

Cheers

proditor

Wow, that looks great!  The rivet work is definitely going to pay off for you on this sucker.   :thumbsup:

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

Looks good!  Don't know much about German armour, so this is new to me, always good to see something different.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Good looking conversion so far.  Can't wait to see this painted.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

GTX

Damn fine work - can't wait to see the result.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Nice subtle whif model. :thumbsup:

But you could do a great gotcha on some unsuspecting model club members ;D
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

buzzbomb

Well that is done.. whew !!
Used some Fruil tracks and a tarp from Aves Apoxy Sculpt.. still deciding for MG42 on AA mount on or off...
Finished in a late war scheme based on a Hetzer profile I have

Cheers
Brian T

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Macal

Hello!

Great Job! Very good looking result, beautiful paint job and very nice build. Well done!
Hope to see other models like this from you soon! :)

NARSES2

I love most Pz 38 based vehicles and that is no exception  :thumbsup: :wub: Off to the Wiffies we go
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Ed S

Well done and a great finish.  I'm sure you can fool some JMN's with this one.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.