1/48th F-16 centre line drop tanks wanted please

Started by chrisonord, February 20, 2010, 04:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

It's scavenge time here again ;D
I am after some of the centre line tanks as fitted to the F-16's for my Israeli upgrade Phantom I am doing. I want them in 1/48th as they are big enough to use one as a centre line tank on the 1/72nd scale phantom upgrade.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Jeffry Fontaine

There were at least two flavours of fuel tank that occupied that spot.  I assume you are searching for the later version that is elliptical in cross-section and not the early version with the cylindrical cross-section. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

chrisonord

Hello Jeffry,
Yes it is the newer shaped ones I am wanting please, I think one of these on th centre line would look pretty good on my current phantom build, and shouldn't cause any ground clearance issues either.
Cheers,
Chris.

Jeffry Fontaine

As long as your main landing gear doors are cleared it should not be an issue.  Never imagined using an F-16 style tank on the centerline of the F-4 until you brought it up, sounds like a marvelous idea.  Now if I could find a couple in 1/32nd scale to check fit on a 1/48th scale F-4...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

chrisonord

Hya Jeff,
I have yet to see if it would the landing gears, as the f-4 has not got that far yet, and I won't be able to do any work to it for a while yet.
Cheers,
Chris.

chrisonord

I am still in need of a couple of these eliptical centre line tanks, I need some of these so as to finish my upgrade phantom and another one I have in the pipeline.
Cheers,
Chris.