Humbrol Acrylics Problem

Started by NARSES2, February 19, 2010, 01:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I don't use Humbrol acrylics that often but I have noticed that they tend to dry out quickly ? Opened a jar of "leather" yesterday and the pigment was a thick paste. Appears most of the "thinning" agent had evaporated. Easy to fix with distilled water, but anyone else have this problem ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Never had that problem, although sometimes I've not snapped the lid on properly because I get a bit of paint in the lid & some drying occurs.  Otherwise, I'd suggest it's a dodgy pot.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

I wondered that Mossie, but it is quite difficult to clean the lids after you've finished with them, or so I find. On the face of it the design is quite good, but I'm not sure if it is in reality ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Geoff

The problem I have had is the Humbrol varnish not working well with Tamia paints.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 19, 2010, 08:09:34 AM
I wondered that Mossie, but it is quite difficult to clean the lids after you've finished with them, or so I find. On the face of it the design is quite good, but I'm not sure if it is in reality ?

I know what you mean Chris, if you shake them, there always seems to be a bit of paint that gets into the seal.  I try & let mine drain, but it still manages to get in there.  After a little while, it tends to build up & can prevent the lid shutting tight.  Ironically, once it's dry it's easier to clean as the paint in the lid tends to set in a solid lump, at least that stops it happening for a while!  I've not had them dry out excessively though, until I get to the bottom of the pot & I seem to have this problem with other paints too.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dodge

I used to have that problem until somebody showed me that the top twists off. the base is the blue and the top is white. :thumbsup: