Quick! Blame it on the Russians....

Started by deathjester, February 14, 2010, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

During the mid -1980's, nearly the complete details of the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter were stolen from their Burbank plant.  Everyone assumed it was the Russians, seeking parity with their foe. 

But What If...! It wasn't the Russians at all, but rather MI6, Britain's Secret Intellgence Service, that 'obtained' the plans?
Gentlemen, I present to you, the Bae Cerberus Strategic Bomber.

ysi_maniac

Love this model. Can we see more pics from different angles? :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

The Rat

Quote from: ysi_maniac on February 14, 2010, 07:14:57 PMCan we see more pics from different angles?

Nope, that's the only angle at which it's visible. They really upgraded the stealth technology!  ;D  Beautiful job dj!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Jeffry Fontaine

Square nose is certainly different, gets rid of that awful looking pointy thing while allowing you to park it in the corner. 

Pixel/digital camouflage looks good too.

Where is the money shot?  We need more images and a description on what you did to create this. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

PR19_Kit

You can't trust those MI6 guys as far as you can throw them........  :lol:

Nice work there, different enough to make it stand out from the crowd.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

deathjester

This was fairly easy, as it was the first ride out for my new hot wire cutter.  This involved taking off the horrid pointy nose, and substituting a faceted plate.  I then cut off the 'hump' for the top of the cockpit, forming an air intake for the third engine, and faired in the cockpit, like the Avro 730.  This model, as you might have guessed, has been scale-o-rama'd to 1/72 scale.  Finally, I fitted the original tails as high altitude manouvering canards, and attached a spare F-18 tail as a vertical stabiliser.