What If....! Airwolf had been built by Britain...in the Sixties??

Started by deathjester, February 14, 2010, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

A little old Mig 21 model formed the basis of this multirole supersonic gyrodyne, as it bears more than a passing resemblance to various Supermarine paper projects of the sixties..... :tank:

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

JoeP

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

deathjester

Sorry, was late last night....morning that I posted this,  may I introduce, belatedly, the Supermarine Spartan nuclear armed interceptor Gyrodyne!

Check the Genie AAM's on the lower pylons!

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

dragon

I disagree. 
It is just not weird enough to be "british during the 1960s". 
Now if the air to air missiles were on top of the wing...... :ph34r:
:drink:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Looks just right!  :bow: Like something out of a 1950/60s sci-fi flick or comic book. :thumbsup:  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Rat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 17, 2010, 04:11:03 PM
Looks just right!  :bow: Like something out of a 1950/60s sci-fi flick or comic book. :thumbsup:  :wacko:

Or the product of a diseased mind, or...

The mind of a Whiffer!  :thumbsup: :cheers: :drink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Cobra

or From 'Thunderbirds'!!!!!! this looks like something You'd see on Thunderbirds. Great Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: any more cool stuff planned?????? Keep up the Great Work!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:Dan

deathjester

Quote from: Cobra on February 17, 2010, 07:59:57 PM
or From 'Thunderbirds'!!!!!! this looks like something You'd see on Thunderbirds. Great Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: any more cool stuff planned?????? Keep up the Great Work!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:Dan
Well.....I've only found one model of a Bolo online, so I think I might have to add to that no. 
"For the Honour of The Regiment!!!"

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Dear Deathjester, could you post a picture of the model profile? to appreciate the difference with the source profile and understand plainly the amount of work you performed... :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

deathjester

Is this what you meant?
By the way, if anyone wants to do a profile of this fighter, please feel free!