Help with a E.10

Started by Aircav, February 11, 2010, 12:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okie dokie, which of these two pitcures look better for the co-axial gun placement, A or B

A
1 (4%)
B
24 (96%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Aircav

I'm having a little trouble in deciding which looks the best for the co-axial postion and would like your thoughts.

A)  

B)  

Many thanks
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

frank2056

In position "A", the gunner is going to have a hard time aiming at anything to the left of the tank. In "B", he'll have a better field of view.

I did something similar with a Gatling gun.

ChernayaAkula

What will the main armament be? The E-10 is rather small, IIRC, so the placement of the main gun should probably determine where this secondary MG will be put.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aircav

Hi
as you can see the sight is next to the MG, which will be the main armament and as the cases come out of the gun on the right then the gunner will sit on the left towards the centre of the vehicle

Steve

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

ChernayaAkula

So no further hull-mounted ordnance? Then put it in position B. :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aircav

Just the MG as she'll be a ARV  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

redram

I vote A, the gunner and the driver would have more space to work.
ARV? Doors on the roof, little crane? Sounds interesting.

Aircav

Yeah, I'm leaning towards A as well, I'll see as the project goes on, got some more parts to add before I decide for sure.  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

GTX

Quote from: Aircav on February 12, 2010, 10:17:43 AM

And here I was thinking you were going to do an APC...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

philp

Think B would make it easier to reload and increase the field of fire.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Aircav

Quote from: GTX on February 12, 2010, 01:39:02 PM
Quote from: Aircav on February 12, 2010, 10:17:43 AM

And here I was thinking you were going to do an APC...

Regards,

Greg

Got that planned for a E25  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

Aircav

Quote from: philp on February 12, 2010, 01:58:05 PM

I'm still not set on the postion so I'll build some of the interior and see how it goes.

Sir Sydney Camm

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Aircav

Quote from: philp on February 12, 2010, 01:58:05 PM

The belt on a MG-34 feds in from the left side so the waste case bag would be on the right next to the side bulkhead.  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

Aircav

Here's three pics of the second E.10 I'm on with this time test fitting a 10.5cm assault gun as the main armament.

Sir Sydney Camm