Allan's German SE5A finally finished!!!!!

Started by Allan, February 09, 2010, 01:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Thanks for all your support and encouragement during the course of this build. If truth be told, there are one or two small places where I'm still to put a dab of varnish, but I'll attend to that later on.
And here she is in all her glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Excellent finish, Allan! The camo scheme and markings work remarkably well on an SE-5 and your masterful painting of the wooden struts and prop really tie it all together!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Weaver

Excellent piece of work Allan: that looks really good!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

LOOKS GOOD!   Great finish, especialy with the varnished wooden struts.
:thumbsup:

And the camo works quite well on that background.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Allan

Thanks for your kind comments.
I was impressed with the smooth way Tamiya enamel in the little square bottle went through the airbrush. I used it for the green on the wings.
Also, Xtracrylix thinned with a little warm water and the Australian version of Future produced a mixture that sprayed well, adhered well and resulted in a satiny, hard finish.
Allan

Sisko

Nice finish!

Love the concept and the execution is exceptional :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did Better than I would have with That Tricky a Camo Scheme!!!!!!!! Keep up the Great Work!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:Dan

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aussie747

Wow! nice work Allan!  :thumbsup: That camo is so good I almost lost it while looking at you work area :D
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T