Gerry Anderson style Interceptor

Started by Cobra, February 06, 2010, 05:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, What if the Draken & B-58 Hustler were Combined to create a High Altitude Interceptor???? think it would Work or am i sounding like a Nutter????? just something i Suddenly had pop into my head. Thanks for Looking. Dan

Weaver

Dan, you need to be a bit clearer about what you're proposing with any of these ideas. You can write whole paragraph to explain it properly: we won't object, honest!  ;D

If you're talking about blending the two aircraft together, then bear in mind that they're very different sizes. IIRC though, there have been small "box scale" B-58 kits in the past, so it's possible that you could get a suite of parts that would go together. In fact, wasn't there an actual Gerry Anderson model that was a Draken with a couple of B-58 engine pods?  :huh:

On the other hand, if you mean carrying the Draken beneath the Hustler to act as the second-stage of a two-stage interceptor, then that's an entertaining idea.... :wacko: You'd have to work out what to do about the Draken's fin: maybe replace it with two fins on the mid-wing trailing edge?

I think personally that a Starfighter might be a better aircraft for such an application, since all the slow-speed problems caused by it's tiny wing would be side-stepped by carrying it aloft under something else. Still have to fix the tail though....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

The Rat

Quote from: Weaver on February 07, 2010, 04:57:14 AM
On the other hand, if you mean carrying the Draken beneath the Hustler to act as the second-stage of a two-stage interceptor, then that's an entertaining idea.... :wacko: You'd have to work out what to do about the Draken's fin: maybe replace it with two fins on the mid-wing trailing edge?

Or put it above like a D-21, twin fins on the Hustler to avoid the jet efflux.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

Hmm.................... :wacko:
Got one of each of those in the stash.......... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Weaver you are right, Gerry Anderson did make a Draken that was suitable shod with some B-58 engine pods, infact I think there was 2 as one was painted red and launched by ZELL.
Needles to say it got destroyed too just like the other one :o
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Cobra

i was thinking about maybe trying to Add or Replace the Wings from the Draken onto the Body of the Hustler or more likely Use the Wings from the B-58 and Mate it to the Body of the Draken. something like that.btw, Lindberg makes a 1/64 scale Hustler,closer to What was out when they Made Thunderbirds. thinking of a Few Ideas. FYI, I Don't Always have a Clear Idea, Sometimes it Just Pops into my Head or i Start Wondering when it Hits. Stay Cool :mellow: Dan

The Rat

Quote from: Cobra on February 07, 2010, 12:52:36 PMFYI, I Don't Always have a Clear Idea, Sometimes it Just Pops into my Head or i Start Wondering when it Hits.

In other words, you're a born Whiffer!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen