Check out my giant model

Started by nev, March 25, 2004, 11:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Remember when I was on about those display cabinets I bought from Ikea?

Well, I put em up today.  Like I said before, the key to flatpacks is to treat it like a giant model :)

I reckon I can squeeze a couple more up there now.....

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Looking good, Nev !  

Now clean up all that mess around there, eh !?

And Aye Carumba ! Lookit the size of that hellcat ! I always think they're a wee bird, thinking of the Wilcat.........

Cool !

Toadman

PS: Love that Phantom !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Cool display shelf Nev!

Yep, Hellcats are big.  Bigger than a P-47!!!

Grumman rules!!   B)  B)  

Tophe

Nice display... The dust will cry not to find room anymore but no matter. :)
Though, are you mixing 1/48th and 1/72nd, or is a Hellcat actually bigger than a MiG21 ? :huh:  :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Now clean up all that mess around there, eh !?
Hey!  That IS tidy!  :lol:   I just spent the last week or so boxing stuff up, chucking stuff out etc.  You shoulda seen it before!  :P

Yeah, the Hellcat is big, pretty much the same size as the P-47 (I think the Jug was heavier though)

Tophe, the Mig-21 is 1/72 & the Hellcat is 1/48.  However, look how wee that 1/48 Mig-15 is compared to the Lightning & F-15.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Yes, the Jug was heavier.  P-47N is the champ at 19 000lbs MTOW with only one engine...  Crazy!!!

:wub:  :wub:  

John Howling Mouse

Looks fantastic, Nev.
Beats the &%$#@ out of the shelf unit I am currently bashing together.

But: will your Fintastic Tornado fit????

^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

Beauty. And they cost you,...?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

nev

But: will your Fintastic Tornado fit????
Probably not, when that 1/48 F-15 barely fits in.  And especially not as I plan to mount it on a diorama base  :wacko:

QuoteAnd they cost you,...?

49 quid each.  Do a search on the forums for ikea and theres a link to the cabinet.  Probly about $3478 CDN.

The Rat

Quote49 quid each.  ...  Probly about $3478 CDN.
I'd slug ya...  :dum:

If you weren't so close to the truth!  :lol:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Hey Nev, our mighty looney is worth 76 US pennies !

But it still costs us two-fifty to buy a pound......which ain't half bad, considering a tin of Coke costs us a buck and you a pound !

Crazy..........

But our Ikea over here is very reasonable
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

viper29_ca

I looked on the Candian Ikea site...and that cabinent is no where to be found....they do have some nice ones....but I like that one you got.
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

Tophe

QuoteP-47N is the champ at 19 000lbs MTOW with only one engine...  Crazy!!!
If I remember well, the biggest Skyraider was even bigger with one engine, no ?
And does somebody know if there is a 1/72nd model of the very big single-engined (R-4360) XP-72 Ultrabolt and Boeing XF8B ? More 'what-if' than P-47...
I did prefer 1/72nd, and if 1/144th (like Glenn uses sometimes with great quick results) had been popular when I was a child, I would have preferred this scale, I think, to have a collection of many shapes rather than a few very-detailed ones - I know some of us are different, and I respect their way either.  :)  

NARSES2

QuoteAnd does somebody know if there is a 1/72nd model of the very big single-engined (R-4360) XP-72 Ultrabolt and Boeing XF8B ? More 'what-if' than P-47...
Hi Tophe

If the Boeing XF8B is the 1945 "Pacific" Fighter then the Valom kit should be out in the UK shortly (injection moulded) and I think Igor at Unicraft has plans for an Ultrabolt

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks for the information, Chris. We will see in the months to come.
By the way, I announce on my web site for a few months now, as forthcoming, the Narses2 Jet-P-38, do you confirm it is on the work bench, dear ? :)
  (Tophe - Chris~ also...)