Kugelblitz PzKfw. IV

Started by cthulhu77, February 01, 2010, 06:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

I'm am thoroughly glad to be done with the tracks on this kit (individual link) and finally onto the painting of the bugger.  It's the CyberHobby/Dragon kit with a few twists:

Jeffry Fontaine

Greg,

Were you using the salt method for weathering on this?  Nice work so far, looking forward to seeing the barrels mounted.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

cthulhu77

I wanted a mop-applied white wash look, so I chopped off a brush a bit to make a 1/35th scale brush:

Sauragnmon

Damn, the Kugelblitz does look so cool, seriously cool man.  Always did think it looks very cool.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

nev

Greg, you want me to move this to the Let It Snow GB? Sure looks eligable.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Absolutely stunning, Wise Old One!!!'
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Thanks all !  I will be sure to post the review article here too...boy, what a stupid tank design this was !!!!

philp

You going to bring it to Nats?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Taiidantomcat

Great effect with that white wash! looks real  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

cthulhu77

Thanks !  yes, it will be at the nats, for sure...part of the largest diorama I have ever made.

Jeffry Fontaine

The "mop" job looks quite real considering how small that model is in size.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

cthulhu77

Oh, its a pretty fair sized model...but the funniest part is that when I went to photograph it yesterday, I knocked over the backround right onto the model...yeah, that was fun.

cthulhu77

the last shot prior to the disaster...yes, the Lt. was killed in action, and his hand was eaten by the carpet monster...

Arc3371

Lovely model, so will the poor Lt get a hook to replace the hand?

nev

Alas General Eishenhower was correct when he said the currency of war is waste.....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May