XF-16T Prototype Takes Flight

Started by John Howling Mouse, March 22, 2004, 05:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Still coated only in its less-than-glamourous zinc chromate, grey, and red oxide primers, the XF-16T prototype 001 took to the air yesterday!

First test shots of the 1:48 kitbashed/scratchbuilt model agains a sky-blue background on a bright March day.

Hope you like!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

John Howling Mouse

Test-pilot Major Vincent (aka Vinnie "The Fin") Miroza reported that the experimental aircraft handled like a dream with the sixth generation fbw systems making smooth work of the flying business.

Major Miroza's only complaint was a faulty canopy-to-cockpit seal which left an open air-gap of some four (scale) inches aft of his position within the cockpit, resulting in quite the bronchial infection for the 34-year-old test-pilot.

The designers have promised to resolve this unnerving fit deficiency with the use of some MicroScale Liquid Clear painted to match the surrounding canopy frame.

"It's quite the chill on the back of one's neck up above 50,000 feet," Major Miroza reminded the flight engineers between hoarse hacks.

Tophe

:wub:  I am in love with an airplane... this XF-16T, surprisingly not a Twin-boom and not even a Mustang. Life is sometimes surprising, and unexpected wonderful things do happen... Thanks to the father of this cutie...
The coulors are just wonderful, no need to turn this angel into a killer (according to me, but the father will decide of course).
Thanks again and again, Master JHM...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Lookin' good, Bear !

Awesome idea, too....to paint it up like that !

I got a dumb question, tho......how come the two seat production version flew before the prototype ?

Cheers !

Toadman :P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aircav

Man thats a beautiful looking aeroplane  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  I'm in love
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

it's all very good Barry, but when are you going to paint it?  ;)

top stuff!  :wub:  

Tophe

Quote:wub:  I'm in love
Oh I am not the only one... The concurrence will be high to get her heart, sweet XF-16Tee... :(  :wub:  Poor me, I will probably be one of the loosers :(  Sadly in love...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Oh Baz, that is awesome!!!!  :wub:  :wub:

Can't wait till Evan sees it  :D

Now send the article to Ollie!  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Scooterman

For a lack of better sounding adjectives.......

WOW!

:wub:  :wub:

Much sweet JHM.   :cheers:

You know from that angle, in the last pic, it almost looks like a Starfighter.

Brad

lancer

Awsome work there Bazza.....AS usual you come up with the goods.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Thanks guys!

:wub:

Israeli version coming next...

elmayerle

QuoteOh Baz, that is awesome!!!!  :wub:  :wub:

Can't wait till Evan sees it  :D

Now send the article to Ollie!  :P
Evan has seen it and echoes your sentiments completely.  What's needed is to get a recent PR pic for the F-16, take a picture of this one at the same angle and lighting, and photoshop it in.  *G* I'll have to see what I can find.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

John Howling Mouse

Here are the two Photoshop edits that BlackOps did with my model and his background: fantastic work!   :bow:

Right down to the subtle afterburner glow....mmmmm

Big Bird