USAS Edison

Started by proditor, January 12, 2010, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proditor

I opened my Secret Santa package and was pleasantly suprised to find a kit I remember well and rather fondly.

To whit, the USS New Jersey.

I pondered a staggering array of ideas on what to do to this fine specimen of all things big and shooty, when it dawned on me that I wasn't going crazy ENOUGH for a fine place like this.

I also realized I'd need some extra parts...

So I went to E-Bay and got these.

And soon I'm hoping to cut some plastic for the United States Aether Ship Edison. 

proditor

And the first plastic is finally cut!!

I kept thinking that this needed a special something, and this is the first part of my thinking.  What does a battleship like this really need?

Wings of course.

John Howling Mouse

Gutsy idea.  Very gutsy.  And novel.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

I have no idea where you're going with this.

But I'm intrueged :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

noxioux

All those gears and that wing gives me goosebumps.  This one is going to be one to watch. . .

Mossie

Sitting up & taking notice! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

proditor

Pics coming hopefully tonight.  Finished off the wings, made an Electro-Cannon, Geared up the turret rings.  :)

proditor

Okay, here comes a ton of crazy.

I started off with new turret rings for the standard cannons.

Honestly, they were only okay.  I'm planning on keeping most of the secondaries and the AAA fit, but the main battery had to say "Bug nuts crazy!!" Or why had I made those wings?

So I made Electro-cannons.

I love them.  This is the level of crazy I was aiming for originally.

More in the next post.

proditor

The wings.

This was where the idea really started.  I spent a couple of days and more than a few sheets of paper before I hit on a design I liked, and moreover, that I felt I could reproduce without going insane.

And the gear assembly

So what is this thing going to look like?  Hopefully a little like this...

Weaver

Bom bom bom bom
bom bom bom bom
FLASH!
bom bom bom bom-bom
AHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!............  ;D

LOVE IT!  :wub: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

The readings for "insane awesomeness" for this are off the meter! Way off the meter!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

To pick up Weavers baton...

SQUADRON FORTY.....!  DIIIIIVVVVE!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTHypbLlkE

There have been others predicting early winners, I'm willing to put a few quid on this one! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Now this is getting interesting.  Great use of the kit.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

GTX

Loving it already!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sudzonic

and the award for total and utter insane madness go's to.........

:thumbsup:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!