TC`s build thread.

Started by tc2324, January 10, 2010, 07:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Already posted in the the Whif competition section, (noticed there wasn`t a `best newcomer` award ;D), but thought I`d repost with the proper background. Hope you like.

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

ChernayaAkula

Nice pics!  :thumbsup: What set-up do you use? I really like the second shot of the Vulcan. Don't know whether it was intended, but it looks like it was taken at a gloomy dawn, which looks quite fitting.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

Still impressive to see those two pieces... they're just impressive when they're put on backdrops and such.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

tc2324

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 10, 2010, 09:05:17 AM
What set-up do you use?

Cheers for the comments guys.

I have a very low tech set up which annoys the hell out my wife when I `playing` around with it. All I use is one widescreen TV, two cameras and a model base. (You need two cameras as one is for taking the background pic then plugging it into the tv, while the second is for the actual picture.)

Posted a couple more pics below, one is the set up, and the next few are examples of what you can achieve. Just be aware though that the aircraft in the pics are diecast as before I got back into plastic late last year, I have spent the last 10 years building up my metal model collection.

Tiger, Tiger!

ChernayaAkula

Wow! That Hurricane pic is pure awesome!  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Didn't think you could use a TV for displaying the background pic!  :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

tc2324

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 10, 2010, 02:18:24 PM
Wow! That Hurricane pic is pure awesome!  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Didn't think you could use a TV for displaying the background pic!  :o

Thanks, I`m a big fan of the early special effects people and sometimes the simplist techniques are the best IMPO. ;D

Tiger, Tiger!

ysi_maniac

Maybe my computer but, I see almost nothing :banghead: . Pics are too dark :blink:
Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

Very cool. That Vulcan looks just awesome. Love the pic of the Hurri's lined up. And using the tv for the background ? What a wicked idea !!!! Thanks for that one !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tc2324

Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 10, 2010, 07:00:49 PM
Maybe my computer but, I see almost nothing :banghead: . Pics are too dark :blink:

Hmmmm, when I view this on my home PC, it is ok to view and the light is fine. However, just got in the office and my work PC is showing them as quite dark. No idea why??

Tiger, Tiger!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

thedarkmaster

I like it and the technique is something i had never thought of  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

tc2324

Started my next `What if` `Lufty` build today and it involves these three kits.......

And here are the bits I needed from both the german aircraft.....

A bit of a waste I know, but I`m sure I can dream up something for the Stuka and Me 262 in the future.

Started on the cockpit which is quite complex IMPO considering you won`t see 85% of it when it`s complete....

And the wings are now joined but had a mishap with one of the wing tips which needed a bit of TLC but no major damage done....

Still need to do some work on them anyway.

So in my best Rolf Harris impression..., `can you guess what it is yet?`

Tiger, Tiger!

Ed S

Looks like the start of a really big night intercepter....

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

tc2324

Well, I always wondered what the Luftwaffe would do if they got their hands on a Lancaster? I came to the conclusion that one posability could be similar to what KG200 did with their captured B-17`s, ie, fly them close to American bomber formations and relay tactical information to the Luftwaffe fighter command.

Anyway, going a step further, if you gave a captured Lanc a weapons application like fitting it out with radar, give it a bit of `upward firing` firepower and fly it amoungst the RAF bomber streams at night and in the dark no-one would notice and a lot of damage could be done. And to deter any Luftwaffe night fighters from shooting the Lanc down by mistake, it would of course be fitted with the basic IFF of the day.

Tiger, Tiger!

Sauragnmon

Add to that up-gunning the turret mounts in a few of the positions so they could do considerable damage to the bomber group as well - somewhat like flying a gunship amongst the enemy bombers in cognito and then opening up with all guns to cause massive chaos.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.