G

BAC Sea Jaguar FRS1

Started by Geoff_B, March 21, 2004, 01:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Hi

This is the Sea Jag i have done to go with the BAC Cyclone F-1 (583). Normal Italeri Jaguar (god what an awful fit) New tein font U/C with rescribed doors, single wheel main U/C, Folding wings and wing tip pylons for sidewinders as the overwing ones would foul the wing fold !!!. Add a radar to allow for guidance on anti-shipping attacks and provide additional CAP in emergencies.

(Will this do for you know what Joe in 72 ?)

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

TsrJoe

Hiya Geoff...yet another neat addition to your UK.2 pre millenium lineup, very slick looking bird too! (whats that i see under its wings?  :o )

Yip it sure would look good on the project too...(im making a start this week ...work allowing that is! the P.139 is progressing too!)

cheers, joe  :ph34r:

ps. another RN. type iv found mention of, apart from the Islander, is the Andover ...but i just cant see it as carrier capable even with its STOL. capabilities...ill try chasing any surviving drawings to check the mods?
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Geoff_B

Hi Joe

Just Naval Martel (AS-37) as i wanted a late 70's feel for it similar to Arks Buccaneers. A late 90's FAA example would be a different grey i think with lower vis markings - i might just try one with a later mark Cyclone to go with it.

A Naval Andover, well the US landed a Hercules on Forrestal so i suppose an Andover could possibly attempt a similar thing on CVA-01, It could of course be a cut down version as an alternative to the Greyhound.

Cheers

Geoff B

(Looking forward to the start of the Big project !!!!)

Captain Canada

Looking good, Geoff ! Real good !

Just something about EDSG.......and radar nosed Jags are always nice to see ! A bit hard to get used to the look of the wing-tip winders....having always liked the over-the-top style !

I'm thinking the same thing about this one as Nev'x Storm Lightning....rather see the 'winders just inboard and under the wings ! But that's just my opinion, and I'm usually drunk, so.....

Anyway, thanks for sharing and keep up the great work !

Brother Toad
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

F-32

Martin H

Just for comparison
heres my one

BTW nice job as usual Thor  :)  
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

QuoteMy own is still sitting there waiting for primer, atop a TSR2 that needs priming - and it's been like that since I got back from the Nationals!

You've done a Jag !!!!!, oh well as its a Sea Jag i suppose that fits in with your alternative history. look nice at the nationals to get all three together.

BTW talking to Martin B of Heritage at the Cosford and the 1154 should follow on from the 188, but he was checking some details whilst at Cosford. Also some of the Whirlybird kits done with Heritage are still the Vacforms just cut down to a normal size and boxed. Only certain ones will be a joint production with Heritage and converted to resin, but the 1154 seems to be one of them.

Cheers

Thor  B)  

Martin H

QuoteYou've done a Jag !!!!!, oh well as its a Sea Jag i suppose that fits in with your alternative history. look nice at the nationals to get all three together.
Nice idea Thor, They would fit in well with this years theme for the nationals display
Unfortunately,

Geoff_B

QuoteIndian Navy. I'm not wasting RN markings on this piece of crap. Although Indian markings are harder to get hold of. Bugger. FRADU then, as I've some plans for them...

Indian decals are in the Italeri Sea Harrier kit for a Naval version, if your doing IAF then try Hi-Decal Line Mig-29, & Su-27 sheets.

Cheers

Geoff B

NARSES2

Indian Navy.  I'm not wasting RN markings on this piece of crap.  Although Indian markings are harder to get hold of.  Bugger.  FRADU then, as I've some plans for them...
Lee

I've got some spare Indian Navy "transfers" (shows his age) from the MPM Seahawk.

Let me know if you want them and I'll send 'em up

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ogwash

QuoteI've got some spare Indian Navy "transfers" (shows his age) from the MPM Seahawk.

Chris

I hope thats the German version as the RN version had its Indian decal the wrong way round !!!.

A pity that Indian decal sheet disappeared that somebody produced a couple of years ago.

B)  

Martin H

I should have at least one spare set from the old matchbox Shar kicking about. If u need them as a last resort.
Unfortunately,

Mairfrog

I've got a couple of Matchbox Indian Shar sheets, though I'll probably use at least one. They're better than the Italeri one, at least they got the right style of roundels!

Italeri have the 1940 style with the small red dot (or orange in India's case). And old Matchbox transfers seem to work perfectly well too.

NARSES2

QuoteI've got some spare Indian Navy "transfers" (shows his age) from the MPM Seahawk.

Chris

I hope thats the German version as the RN version had its Indian decal the wrong way round !!!.

A pity that Indian decal sheet disappeared that somebody produced a couple of years ago.

B)
I've got both versions of the kit, but as I wasn't planing on and Indian version I hadn't looked - I will now though !

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Both Sea Jaguar are beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.