G

One for the Soviet Carrier Build

Started by Geoff_B, March 21, 2004, 01:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Hi

Done an East German Carrier capable Su-22 for those glorious communist cruises aboard Sovietski Soyuz. The question is what smaller soviet Air to surface missiles were avaible upto 1980 ?, or do i stick to rockets pods & bombs ?

This is a stock Su-17 kit with large single nose wheel replaced by a twin one from an Su-15 and a Tail hook added (dead simple eh  :D )

Cheers

Thorvic B)

TsrJoe

Hiya Geoff, its looking really good... although my initial thoughts were turning toward a Su.22T with torpedo armament...howsabout the neat little AS.7 'Kerry' asm.? (earliest piccies i have on file are from the 1967 Domevdeo air display? which had two Ka.25 Hormone's armed with mockups of these?)

Possible sources for these would be the ICM. weapons set, or possibly one of the later Su.22/24 kits? (or even a modification of the inaccurate Bullpups in the Matchbox A.4 Skyhawk, as i did years ago for my Mig 27!)

cheers, joe  :ph34r:

ps. yip got back last night...managed to aquire lots of drawings too...!  :ar:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

F-32

Thorvic, sweeeet!

How did I miss this earlier! :blink:

A nice looking jet in standard camo it looks great in Naval Camo.

Captain Canada

Looking good !

I've got the Dragon Su-24 kit in 72nd scale that has a whole whack of AS missiles of different types...want one ?

Cheers !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Geoff, that is sweet!  :wub:

I got a stack of missiles with my Italeri KA-52, no idea what they are though  :wacko: If you know, you're welcome to any of em.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Joe C-P

Su-17, Su-17... Aha! Metal planes by Skywave!
:party:

Comrade Iosef R
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.