Cartel Uprgaded Mig-15 UTI

Started by chrisonord, January 07, 2010, 05:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This is one of 2 Mig-15's purchased by the Cartel, the other being a single seater. This aircraft arrived in a sorry state, and missing several parts including the cannon and the engine. The engineers working for the cartel used parts from several different aircraft including Mig-21 parts, mig-19 parts and various  other ex-soviet era avionics. The aircraft is used for COIN/ combat patrol, as well as training. With the upgraded engine the aircraft is capable of a decent cruise speed with the extra weapons capability and a 2 man crew. The cannon is a GSH-23 unit from a Mig 21, as is the nose section. The engine is not the original Mig-15 item, but, it is uncertain where this engine was sourced from. The aircraft has the capability to use air to air missiles and also air to ground ordnance.
The kit is the old KP mig-15 UTI, not too bad a kit apart form the canopy that just will not fit properly regardless of what you do to it, so that was a bit of a spoiler really. The original single cannon was left off and replaced with a scratch built GSH-23 cannon, situated on the centreline. 2 more pylons were fitted to each wing, and some aam's and rocket pods fitted.
I am in the process of doing a single seat Mig-15, but I don't have a spare nose section to stick on it, this will be armed with 4 aam's.

Cheers,
Chris.

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Sauragnmon

Chris, I'm in - the shock cone make the migs look better.  The big nose breathers, given a shock cone, look a whole lot better in my opinion.  Seriously, good stuff there mate.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Ed S

Good looking kit bash. 

And the snowy diorama base is particularly effective.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

frank2056

The shock cone really adds something to the Mig. Nice try on the snow, although it looks a bit out of scale...

chrisonord

Quote from: frank2056 on January 07, 2010, 11:37:57 AM
The shock cone really adds something to the Mig. Nice try on the snow, although it looks a bit out of scale...
Yeah, the snow was a bit of a problem getting to scale, as I could only get hold of 1/1 scale at short notice :rolleyes: :lol:
Cheers,
Chris.

PACOPEPE

I like it; specially the camo, but isn´t it vietnamese?. The snow....?.

Fran

chrisonord

Quote from: PACOPEPE on January 08, 2010, 12:56:53 PM
I like it; specially the camo, but isn´t it vietnamese?. The snow....?.

Fran
The decal is a cut down Vietnamese roundel, and the snow is real, out in my back garden,so I thought I would use it as a back drop
Cheers,
Chris.

Captain Canada

It sure does look cool with a nose like that ! Great idea ! The snow is out of scale, tho...... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

I agree: that nose really transforms the look of the aircraft - nice one!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones