Bomarc Fighter Idea

Started by Cobra, January 06, 2010, 12:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, Tell me what you think of This:Use the Bomarc Missile as the Basis for Either a Fighter or  as a High Altitude Interceptor. What Say You? i was Inspired by the Regulus II based Fighter that was Shown Recently. Thanks for Looking. Dan

PR19_Kit

Take-off would have  been 'interesting' for the crew. Only ex-Bachem Natter pilots need apply!  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ElectrikBlue

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2010, 02:00:52 AM
Take-off would have  been 'interesting' for the crew. Only ex-Bachem Natter pilots need apply!  :lol:
Agreed! :thumbsup:
That is the reason why I included the UCAV variant! :lol:

Cobra

True, but it was ElectrikBlue & Stargazer who inspired my Q!!!!!!!!!! thanks for Responding &  :cheers: to Both!!!!!!!

Stargazer

Thanks Cobra! ElektrikBlue... I seem to remember this design from somewhere before? Did you post it here? On deviantART? I can't seem to find it right now on my hard disk but I usually keep the fake U.S. design and I'm sure it's there, somewhere...

Anyway, here's my take on a piloted Bomarc (which YOU inspired!). Don't forget that before being the M-10 missile, the Bomarc was the IM-99 (Interceptor Missile), and even before that, the F-99 (yes! in the F-for fighter class, the last before the famed century series). Therefore it is only natural that there should be a piloted variant in our whiffing world!

Oh! And by the way... this profile was done by adapting the nose and cockpit of a genuine Boeing fighter study (Model 835-323).

ElectrikBlue

I never posted my pictures elsewhere!
I think we must live in a similar whif world...  :wacko: :cheers:

upnorth

That looks like something the BAC and Republic might have come up with if they'd done a joint project back in the 60s.

It has sort of an F-105 Thunderchief/Lightning F.6 love child look to it from some angles.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

jcf

Well, you'd need a pretty small pilot as the BOMARC is less than three feet in diameter.  ;)

The Munchkinville Defense Force, perhaps?  :dalek:

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 08, 2010, 02:40:25 PM
Well, you'd need a pretty small pilot as the BOMARC is less than three feet in diameter.  ;)

[/quote

Ooooooh...............remember small people Wif. If you thought through before posting you would realize how hurtful your post is.   Infact Im telling Snow White and shes' coming round to your house with the boys and boy are your shins toast.      However to be PC you could recruit orphans...............I mean after all who'd miss'em .
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

Neat stuff ! Love the way she looks with the droopy nose.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ElectrikBlue

:lol:

Note that my variant is a scaled up version of the Bomarc!!!  :wacko:

Stargazer

Quote from: ElectrikBlue on January 08, 2010, 04:05:58 PM

:lol:

Note that my variant is a scaled up version of the Bomarc!!!  :wacko:

And so is mine, quite obviously!!!  :ph34r:

Bill TGH

no no no
you need to consider the other way... convert something INTO a BOMARC   :wacko:

http://www.arcair.com/Gal10/9401-9500/gal9496-Hakapik_Petrie/00.shtm
cheers
Bill TGH

{..its all about completion... not perfection }

Wanted - 1 Kidney,