E50...or....something like that...

Started by wolfik, January 04, 2010, 02:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfik

hi all
a half year before I started the E50 vehicle from scratch.
I buyed an extra F panther to use the turret for it.
the work stagnated and other projects came and are completed.
since some weeks we know it comes from trumpeter....
what to do?
I decided in the last free days to make my own what if version.
the hull was nearly finished at least and my own turret was designed.
I read somewhere about the possibility of the heavy industry in adversity times.(?)
its simpler to act from necessity and to cast big parts than to cut thick steel plates and to process with it like welding...
so my idea was to cut only the front plates and to cast the bigger rear part of the turret in a company which has the know how to cast heavy parts.
its only an idea...and a what if vehicle...so please have pity with me 
any comment welcomed!
...and I know about the problems with the axles and the consequent problems in the turret with the installing the binocular range finder,hatches and optics...
this turret is much bigger than the official SCHMALLTURM...
I will replace the 88mm with a 75mm to obtain some free space in the turret
hope you like it
best regards
Peter

B777LR

Über cool! Ich liebe dickes super panzer!

ysi_maniac

Hi wolfik,
You always begin in such high quality level! :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

Doc Yo

Fantastisch! Its the turret the Panther should have had to begin with!

Sauragnmon

Very Henschel-style face to the turret.  The general idea looks quite good I think, and the rangefinder would have probably been quite an effective tool - another interesting transition from naval tech down to Armour tech.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

wolfik

thanks!!! :)
the E50 will come in march as sayed my local dealer yesterday.
I will propably wait with the wheels and tracks because the kit will costs here in germany 26 euro (yeppp!...we know the price!) and the much work with casting of the complete running gear will cost me an arm&leg...
maybe I will start the painting because the E type running gear will be easy to glue after that...
I saw the camo of the middle hetzer´s (eduard kit) and this nice small splotches camo for the E50...?
I want to avoid the "standard" veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate camo of mennige overall+yellow/green stripes...
best regards!

buzzbomb

Terrific mods

it looks the business to me

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.