CF-5X

Started by ysi_maniac, January 03, 2010, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

nev

So its like an F-20 but earlier?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

Hmm, competitor to the F-104 & F11F-1F.  Keep it coming Carlos! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Yep, be watching this one with great excitement.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

Hi Canadians,
I see you look happy with this project ;D but ... this is not free :wacko: ...
you have to look for pics of canadian aircrafts with adequate schemes: snow white (and the 7 dwarfs :wacko: ) or dayglo orange.

Seriously, I am currently considering a standard NATO '70s green/grey with white patches. But I would like to have more alternatives. In the main thread of this forum are a lot  of ideas, but not canadian, I think.

Mossie

I don't think I've ever seen any Canadian examples of snow camouflage, although the RAF examples would work well as they're very similar camouflage styles & colours.  Another thought is a camouflage for operations over the tundra.  The earth & grass shows throw the ice when it starts to thaw, with the caribou migration paths cutting through in a criss-cross pattern.  So maybe a temporary white covering (a bit like the T-60 you posted) over the grey/green, with a criss-cross pattern put into it?
http://williamcalvin.com/BrainForAllSeasons/NAcoast.htm

You can put the aircraft in standard colours if it fits one of the other criteria, either fit it out with some snow/ice equipment (tracked or cushion landing gear maybe?) or put it into a diorama.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

F-404 154 inch = 3912 mm long
j79     208 inch = 5283 mm long
I did reflect the difference in 1/72, about 19mm. Do you see the white plugins in wings?

I was inspired by the studies done during YF-17 Cobra development. Currently configuration is as follows:

Weaver

I'm sure I've seen a pic of a Voodoo in what looked like white with a green temporary paint brushed roughly over it in a pretty fine pattern: looked really grubby, to be honest. I can't find the pic on the web though....

Anyhow, good looking project Ysi..... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

That's looking good Carlos, kind of like the HESA Saeqeh.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Brian da Basher

Love the V-tail X-tail, Carlos! Now that's some very innovating thinking!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Yep, likin' that

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)