LOCKHEED MODEL 322 AIRFIX 1/72

Started by CAO 700, January 02, 2010, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAO 700

Hi,  a 2009 building: The Lockheed Model 322 based on the Lockheed P.38 Airfix kit.

This aircraft was exported to England without turbochargers. Finally, the R.A.F. wasn't interested because of total inadaptation to western european fights.

France was intersted too but never received the aircrafts because of the Armistice.

My what-il model is a french Aircraft at the Lockheed factories at Burbank.

Under the sun of California:

Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

oliv30330

Excellent, it's a vast subject that interests me, the french what if represent a big list

chrisonord

That is one very nice and clean P-38 you have there  :thumbsup:
Very nice.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

John Howling Mouse

Looks so clean!  How come MY models never look that clean?  Nice job.   :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

pyro-manic

Ooh, shiny!

Very nice and clean, CAO - it really makes you wonder what might have happened had the armistice happened slightly later.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Brilliant stuff  :bow:- I'm still scared stiff of natural metal finishes at 57  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Beautiful silver finish b)  Perhaps they could equip a Free French squadron in Britain?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

CAO 700

Hi, thank you veru much! I've got other ideas about "reasonable" what-if like this one!
Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

redstar72

A very nice-looking French Lightning!
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Brian da Basher

Looks sleek and very dangerous! At first, I thought it might be the famous P-38 flown by Antoine de Saint Exupéry, author of The Little Prince. The clean (and flawless!) NMF really fits early W.W. II and your seamless modification make this beauty a real show-stopper!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher