Some cool What Ifs

Started by viper29_ca, March 20, 2004, 08:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper29_ca

Saw some cool what ifs over on the Starship Modeler website in their new entrants gallery for the week.

Check them out!!

Pampa 2k

Yak V2

Tango II
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

Tophe

Thanks a lot, I love the F-16 Tango :wub: , as pleasant as JHM's F-16T maybe...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Question to our fluently-English-speaking friends : this wonderful site maybe from Argentina is presenting "What-if" planes as "fiction" and "dreams" while my own site from France present them as "fake", well, could you tell us the details to understand the differences among those words in English, what is the more appropriate. We are willing to learn...
Below, the source F-16 Tango from the "here" on the site above. So lovely... :wub:  

kaysersoze

those are rather funky! :party:

Leigh

The word "Fake" implies that you are trying to pretend something is real when it's not, essentially lying.
What If or Fiction say's we know it's not real but it could be a possibility, and it's just imagined.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Captain Canada

Wow, Viper...that's awesome ! Brilliant modelling there...very well done ! Thanks !

I like the Pampa best !

And what Leigh says, Tophe...... a 'dream' a/c is probably better than calling it a 'fake' !

Cheers !

Toadman :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

QuoteAnd what Leigh says, Tophe...... a 'dream' a/c is probably better than calling it a 'fake' !
Thanks Leigh, thanks Captain Toad. :)  I do appreciate your explanation.
I will correct my web site with "fiction", though, as "dream" seems to be different : an engineer's serious dream at work is a "secret project" :) , while "fiction" from enthusiasts  :rolleyes:  is a different kind of what-if, no ?
Anyway, I update today wy web site (and book manuscript), thanks a lot ! :)  

nev

3 fantastic models!  Great bit of kit bashing there  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteThe word "Fake" implies that you are trying to pretend something is real when it's not
Are Matrixone's dioramas and Glenn's in flight pictures "fakes" ? (trying and succeeding to look like real). I respect that part of the What-if approach ("I would like paper project to have been real") while I am at the opposite end of the what-if rainbow ("I would like military planes to have been just angels on paper and models"). I hope there is room here for the different sensitivities, all respectable according to me :) , and rejected just the same by JMN reallists :( ...