Thingz to do in 2010 lizt - October update

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, December 30, 2009, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Amongst other stuff - no I'm not going to mention my imminent exams again - I took a couple of hours over the last two or three eve's to put togther a wee list of things I really will build in the coming year. Like a lot of folks, I have started virtually every year of my modelling past with a list and the best of intentions, however I have always known even as I was writing it, that I'll never stick to it.....  :wub:

However this year I am going to stick to it rigidly, and by posting-it-up here, everyone can point and laugh if I do get 'diverted'. So without further 'blah, blah, blah' here in no particular order is what's going to be crossing my workbench (from the What If Universe), during 2010.

1:72
GD F-111K - Possibly 9 Squadron or 27 Squadron
Northrop Scorpion FAW.2 - 85 Squadron (If you read this Phat Trev, can you remember to send me those decals  :thumbsup:)
Rafale F-24A - For the 'Let it Snow' Group Build

1:48
F-105F
- Not telling you anytyhing about this, but you will be shocked..... maybe  :blink:
Spitfire Mk22
- French Air Force

So that's it. As ever whenever I start a build I'll probably post some pics on the appropriate boards, or I'll just throw one in as a finished project.

See you after February. Happy New Year, all. :cheers:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GTX

Quotebut you will be shocked.....

It takes a lot to shock us...unless of course Radish has anything to do with it :blink:.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Overkiller on December 30, 2009, 02:22:04 PM
No plan survives first contact with the enemy! 

True my friend, but this coming year will most definitely be different  :o

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

B777LR

What i know i have to do:

Overkiller is sending me a Vigilante. To be done as a Saudi Arabian anti-ship bird with Sea Eagles and ECM.
Finish the Fokker DR.1 in WWII camo, a kit from Narses. Almost done with that one though, only decals to go.
Apart from that, i'm gonna build a lot of models.

Radish

Well darlings, the gauntlet has been flung......

First I must finish my "Bat Out Of Hell" diorama, featuring a Bat-winged C-47 in USAF korean War colours and markings. I've just stuck the wings on, and then the process will continue tomorrow....hopefully spray/prime before 2009 is "out".

Other projects are numerous, and involve many part-built, partially completed models.

But scouring the loft contents recently, an old Monogram 1/48th OA-4M came to light, and I believe it'll turn up on a Steam-Punk diorama, in as yet unkown markings.

Otherwise there's some Biggles things, the TSR2ski to finish.

Oh, and flying boats......
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Ed S

2010 To Do Lizt.  Yes, I'll accept the challenge and will share my goals for this year.

Top of the list - Finish current projects.
     Martian Stars - HOG GB
     Me-410 Torpedo Bomber - Navalize it GB
     Ka-50 Tilt Rotor - Let it Snow GB
     Mig-29 XL - Secret Santa GB
     B-49 - for local club March Contest

Then:  My next big Sci Fi diorama.  Although, it may not be finished this year. As envisioned with 2 spaceships, several ground vehicles and a number of figures, in 1/48.  Lots of scratchbuilding and serious kit bashing for this one.

Ed

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

philp

Hmmm...
There are the started builds I would love to finish before Nats.
72nd Lindberg He 100 in Swiss markings (anyone got any white crosses so I don't got to mask the silly things)
72nd Airfix Rabidmonk still debating what markings
72nd Airfix Chipmunski radial engine up front and either N Korean markings ala Bedcheck Charlie or Russian
72nd Hobby Boss F-84G maybe USN for Naval GB
72nd Tamiya F-84G Duchy of Grand Fenwick
35th or 72nd (still can't decide) T-62 for Secret Santa GB
72nd Academy Preditor in USCG markings as the Lifeguard
Something for the Let it Snow GB either a 72nd F-22 in AK Agressor markings or a ski car (have to see the thread for this idea)

There, that is more kits than I have finished in the last 3 years combined.  Heck, maybe a couple RW builds as well.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

batmancustoms

Santa group build
Project Odin
Mosquito Destroyer
Super Bf109

Sci/fi Tiger Tank with SS troops

Thats it for now. 
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

batmancustoms

lol.

Have a AFV tiger tank 40k land raider and imperial guard troops. Still need bits and pices.   But got a good idead on what i like it to be.
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

nev

Well, if its just whiff we're talking about

1/48 F-22J Arctic Aggressor for the LISLISLIS GB

possibly an A39 Tortoise or Black Prince also for LISLISLIS, but due to congested build schedule at start of year and short GB time this may get dropped

1/72 Nimrod AEW.3  Although this has been started its on hold whilst the aforementioned congestion is cleared

USMC Jaguar, lo-vis greys, operation Desert Storm.  This is my current thinking for the 2010 1WGB, but is of course subject to change.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

thedarkmaster

Plans for 2010 are....

5 Victors and 3+ Vulcans for Empires twighlight

8+ Hunters for the above

1 awacs, to finish

2 lightnings

1 martin baker5

4 Sea harrier

2 mig15

1 corsair

1 miles monitor

i can't remember the rest  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Radish

I must admit to a MiG MFI, but I have the stores from an Su-34, and am considering an all-white Chinese example.

But where and when is up to the gods.... :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

chrisonord

I need to get myself some storage boxes and some polystyrene, then gather up all of my builds and carefully put them all away into storage.
FOREVER!!! HAHAHAHA!! :wacko:
No. I need the room as I want to build some of my flying boats, and build my other 1/72nd scale TU-22 m Backfire C into a Backfire R, this will be bristling with long range air to air missiles, as pinched from my foxhounds, and the spares box. It will also be matt black :wacko:
I want to build my Hasegawa Shinmeiwa , Martin Marlin (turbo propped) my other Berieve Be-6, my 2 Grumman Albatrosses, and both of my Dornier flying boats, all to be upgraded and turbo propped.
I then want to did my 2 dead Tamiya PT-15's out of the bone yard and turn them into Hydrofoil attack craft, and turn the unbuilt one in the stash into a brown water patrol boat.
Shado are going to get an Ekranoplan type thing, made out of a dead B-52, possibly.
Cheers,
Chris.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

nev

Quote from: nev on December 31, 2009, 01:09:12 AM
Well, if its just whiff we're talking about

1/48 F-22J Arctic Aggressor for the LISLISLIS GB

possibly an A39 Tortoise or Black Prince also for LISLISLIS, but due to congested build schedule at start of year and short GB time this may get dropped

1/72 Nimrod AEW.3  Although this has been started its on hold whilst the aforementioned congestion is cleared

USMC Jaguar, lo-vis greys, operation Desert Storm.  This is my current thinking for the 2010 1WGB, but is of course subject to change.

Forgot to add, Tamiya 1/48 Meteor in SEAC markings for the 2010 mini theme.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May