redneck dodge charger

Started by noxioux, December 30, 2009, 01:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

This is my redneck dodge charger project, inspired by a similar redneck challenger build I saw at a show about a year and a half ago.  Mine won't be as good as that one, but it's still going to be fun to pull together.

I'll be putting this in a small, self-contained dio.  Originally the charger was going to have a snowplow attachment, but I've tabled that, at least for now.  I do have some chickens, a few pigs and a goat who will be inhabiting the car.  There's even some simulated chicken wire inside, between the trunk and the now missing back seat.

I'm just picking away at this one, not in any kind of hurry to finish, but will post pics as it progresses further.

BTW:  The air cleaner has a tiny magnet in it, so it can come on/off the carb securely.  I haven't decided what to do with the hood attachment.

The color is testors "Root Beer" one-step lacquer.  A wonderful color, and good paint, too.
:drink:

PR19_Kit

Which kit is that built from?

I have two Charger kits (AMT I think) and they both have street Hemi engines, but yours has a 440 wedge.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Is that the same model as used in the film Bullet?
What about the General Lee?

Hobbes

Yup, the General Lee was a Charger. I think Bullit used a different car.

Devilfish

General Lee was a '69, as this kit is.
Bullitt was a '68.  The main difference being the rear lights are round, not rectangular.

McColm

Bullet used a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum (7.2L) in "tuxedo black".

The General Lee is based on the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T SE 383 Magnum (6.3L)-this depends on which one out of the 265 LEEs you chose to model and the three LEEs used for promtion or close upwork built by Warner Brothers.

In the film Vanishing Point a 1970 Dogde Charger R/T 440 (7.2L) is driven by Kowalski.

Devilfish

It was a 1970 Dodge Challenger in Vanishing Point

A 1970 Dodge Charger appeared in The Fast and the Furious and again in Fast and Furious.  Distinguished from the 69 by the front bumper encircling the grill completely

McColm

So you could fit a Fiat 127 in the back?

Devilfish

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 30, 2009, 02:25:56 PM
Which kit is that built from?

I have two Charger kits (AMT I think) and they both have street Hemi engines, but yours has a 440 wedge.

It looks to me like the Revell kit. (monogram?)

I've done both versions (Charger and Daytona) Excellent kits!
I left the wedge in the Charger, but the Daytona gained a Viper V10 and 19" alloys

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: McColm on October 14, 2010, 03:41:37 AM

The General Lee is based on the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T SE 383 Magnum (6.3L)-this depends on which one out of the 265 LEEs you chose to model and the three LEEs used for promtion or close upwork built by Warner Brothers.

In the film Vanishing Point a 1970 Dogde Charger R/T 440 (7.2L) is driven by Kowalski.

The MPC 'General Lee' kit is a 70 Charger 500, with the stretched rear windscreen - just looks 'wrong' without those spectacular 'flying buttress' pillars IMHO. I thought the 'Kowalski' Challenger was a '73 car with the heavier looking chrome grille surround - but I'm quite prepared to be wrong on that one.

Ian
British MOPAR devotee/desciple
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Devilfish

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on October 14, 2010, 07:19:17 AM
Quote from: McColm on October 14, 2010, 03:41:37 AM

The MPC 'General Lee' kit is a 70 Charger 500, with the stretched rear windscreen - just looks 'wrong' without those spectacular 'flying buttress' pillars IMHO. I thought the 'Kowalski' Challenger was a '73 car with the heavier looking chrome grille surround - but I'm quite prepared to be wrong on that one.

Ian
British MOPAR devotee/desciple

At least they made a half a*sed attempt at the recessed grill!  The 500's Coronet grill is deleted iirc (it's been a long long time since I had either kit)
The Revell one's have the correct rear windows for each version (i.e. a completely different shell)....and the vinyl roof on the Daytona to hide the bodged up window fitment in the real thing.

According to the site I quickly googled, VP was made in 71, so it would have to be a 70 or 71 Challenger.  It does say it was a 70 tho.  But, like you, I stand to be corrected.  I've never actually seen that film.... :o

Edit....just looked again...definately not a 73...

MiB

I love the Charger and I think that this redneck version will be great!! :wub:
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

McColm

The Green Hornet was green wasn't it?