Eurofighter Typhoon

Started by Deino, March 18, 2004, 07:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

Have there been any Italian & Spanish pre-Eurofighter studies ???

I remember the German TKF-90 studies which led the JF-90 and final the EFA just before the final Eurofighter / Typhoon !!

Also there was written a lot about the British "history" which led to Typhoon: AST-403 - refined AST-403 - ECA - ACA - EPA .... !!!

... but I know nothing about any Italian & Spanish pre-Eurofighter studies ???

Thanks in advance, Deino   :D   ... once again "in his quest for projects-that-went-nowhere"  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Tophe

Dear Libellula, from Spain, will know for sure - at least I hope... My friend Paul from Belgium sent me this way, probably from Libellula his friend for years, an unknown Spanish twin-boom project (cargo), and I do agree : Spanish what-if airplanes deserve much more respect than what is found in usual books... I fear the Spanish forefathers of the Eurofighter will not include twin-boomers (the British ones did :wub: and thanks to Tony Buttler one more time :) ) , but that would be very interesting for sure. The galleries here of Deino/Overscan/Libellula are so wonderful, up to now, I hope there will be more. :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Deino

Dear Trophe ... I think this will maybe count as a "semi-twin-boom"  :wub:

It's from "aerospacetech" via Key-forum and shows an Aeritalia project !!!(http://forum.airforces.info/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22771)

Thanks, Deino   :rolleyes:  :)

-
W.H.Auden (1945

overscan

Just to clear things up - aerospacetech = overscan = me ;)
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Deino

QuoteJust to clear things up - aerospacetech = overscan = me ;)
Funny   :lol:  :P   ...  !!!!

Anyway thanks for Your pictures ....

Deino   :lol:  

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Tophe

QuoteThanks, Deino   :rolleyes:  :)
You said it yourself before I do : Thanks Deino !!! (and thanks Overscan !!!)
Yes, I personally do count this (unknown to me  :) ) new one as "almost twin-boom" and I am happy! :)  (there are two-tail-booms at the rear for the fins, but the fuselage holding canard foreplanes in a tail-first layout make a total of 3 tail-booms, somehow...)

I have almost 30 Jane's All the World Aircraft yearbooks, and I can spend one hour checking if you direct me a little : something as Italy/1978-to-1989/Aeritalia + Spain/1978-to-1989/CASA. Please correct the dates and manufacturers and I can do that this week-end. Maybe there will be nothing, maybe there will be something, I don't know - you three wonderful enthusiasts provide so much more than what I have seen in books...
Thanks again :)

Oops, I was ready to post this when I said to myself : to illustrate the triplex-boom layout, show the Canard non-pushing P-38. I went on my Corel Draw collection of drawings, found it, but... Well, there were canard surfaces but the flap was at the rear, different from the true canard that you presented. SO, let us add the additional missing link to the What-if collection : Lockheed/Deino P-38DE! This is not "twin-boom enough", but let us turn it into a flying-wing without foreplane and this is a genuine twin-boomer for me : Lockheed/Deino P-38DF, and you won, dear Deino, a free copy of my book to come, including it! You are not exactly the crazy designer of this P-38, but you made crazy-Tophe dream, and he must reward you... Send me your postal address by mail please.
Thanks again and again... :)  :)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ysi_maniac

I have recently got a Revell Eurofighter 2000 (single seat) and it is a reboxing of Italeri's one. But I have read about a super Revell tooling :o  :unsure:

Are there two different issues? How can I distinguish them?

:unsure:  :unsure:
Will die without understanding this world.

Hobbes

The current release is kit number 4317: Revell site. It's labeled 'Eurofighter Typhoon'. This is the one with all the latest weapons.

The previous release was number 4334:
seen on eBay labeled 'Eurofighter 2000', this kit is from 1994.

PolluxDeltaSeven

The 4317 is really fabulous!! (moreover when I think that I buy it for only 14€ i.e. cheaper than a Hobbyboss 1/72 Tiger helicopter!!)

All the details are fantastics, it is far most accurate and you could buy it only for its weapon set if you want!
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

kitnut617

I've just had a look at the 4317 kit I've got and from memory of the Italeri single seat I have too, it's quite a bit different on how the parts look.  The owner of the LMS I go to, swears it's the best single seat in 1/72 you can buy and was the reason I bought it.  I've got the RoG twin seater too but I can't find it at the moment to give an opinion.

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Maverick

I got the new issue recently.  I have to concur with PD7.  The kit is brilliant and the weapons options are just too good.  Add a huge decal sheet and it's certainly something to give the tossers at Hasegawa a run for their money.

Mav

AeroplaneDriver

According to a thread over on PPrune, the new Typhoons will be designated FGR.4s.  I was  wondering if/when there would be a change from F.2 to reflect the mud-moving role.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Mossie

What happened to the Mk.3 designation?  Is it purely to avoid confusion with the Tornado F.3, or have I missed something?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteWhat happened to the Mk.3 designation?  Is it purely to avoid confusion with the Tornado F.3, or have I missed something?
According to the thread on PPrune, the trainer version associated with the FGR.4 will be the T.3.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

nev

Link?

Other than software, I wasn't aware that there was that much difference beteen the different Tranches.  Certainly not enough to justify a new designation.  Are all those already delivered going to be re-designated?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May