S.H.A.D.O. Moon base interceptor

Started by chrisonord, December 20, 2009, 04:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Here is my current SHADO build made from a PM Lipisch ramjet fighter, and a few other bits and bobs stuck here and there.
I thought it was about time I moved into the space side of things as the earth based stuff has plenty of aircraft and vehicles. I also have my own rendition of S.I.D being built, which is a slow process as the parts needed come along.

Cheers,
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Rat

Cool stuff! I like the idea of the 'double whiff', taking a fictional series/movie/book/whatever and giving it something it never had in the original.  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

Quote from: The Rat on December 20, 2009, 04:57:25 AM
Cool stuff! I like the idea of the 'double whiff', taking a fictional series/movie/book/whatever and giving it something it never had in the original.  :thumbsup:
Cheers for that  :thumbsup:
That is exactly what I was thinking when looking at the original moonbase interceptors, I thought to myself that they were way too under armed.
ONE unguided rocket in the nose simply won't do :wacko:
So, I fitted four guided missiles, that are steered by thrust vectoring, and a 50 mm kinetic projectile rail gun, plus make it smaller slimmer and more compact so it is less of a target for the UFO's. I think I might have cracked it with this one :rolleyes: :lol:
Chris.

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Sauragnmon

Seriously, that fighter just looks cool, even if it's so bloody tiny, mate!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

Very cool, Chris! I especially like the gold finish which certainly makes it look ready for a mission!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

chrisonord

Cheers Brian,
The colour is a mix of Valejo bronze and gun metal, I wanted to try and replicate titanium on it but its as near as damn it for me.
Cheers,
Chris.

Cobra

2 Words:Super Cool :ph34r: This is a Great Model,Who made the Kit You used??????? may try to Buy one!!!!!! Great Paint Work & Decals,Awesome Detail too!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Joe C-P

I think you got the color just right.  :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Weaver

That looks just the part: well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Cobra on December 22, 2009, 05:22:15 PM
2 Words:Super Cool :ph34r: This is a Great Model,Who made the Kit You used??????? may try to Buy one!!!!!! Great Paint Work & Decals,Awesome Detail too!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:
Thanks for the comments guy's, much appreciated :thumbsup:
Cobra, the kit is the PM models Lipisch ramjet fighter in 1/72nd scale. The kit only cost me I think £3.75p. the engine bay is the recon nose tray from the airfix Saab Tunnan, with a couple of 1/144th scale F-14 engine nozzles stuck to a styrene card blanking plate. The landing gear are from the bone yard and the rear feet are some wheels. The gun is a 1/16th scale machine gun barrel from a tamiya R/C leopard tank I used to have.
The missiles are from the parts box.
Word of caution with the kit, the canopy needs a lot of work to get it to fit as there are gaps on several surfaces, so building up with styrene is needed. Plus the upper fuselage is not the best fit either, and needs a fair bit of sanding and putty, but for what I paid for it I am not too bothered.
Cheers,
Chris.