Ogre guard vignette

Started by puddingwrestler, December 19, 2009, 12:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Having run out of projects, and being destined to drive up to Melbourne tommorow, staying there until after Xmas, I decided last night to embark on a small, quick project. The smallest and quickest project available was, of course, painting a miniature. Of which I have a large number of spares. And seeing as I have a large and elaborate diorama planned for the school holidays (gloating techer laugh!) I thought I might try out some ideas I intend to use on that. Therefore, I decided to paint up a Harlequin Ogre halbardier I picked up from ebay some time ago, and mount him on a small semi-diorama sort of base thing depicting an ogre stalwartly guarding a prison cell.
Walls and floors are high density blue foam, the door is plasticard and pastic rod.
Paints are a mix of Tamiya, Citadel anf Vallejo.
And you may be supised to know the base colour for the skin was Tamiya Sky.

Thi last photo was taken using the SUPER MACRO (try saying it like the title of an anime, I always do!) mode on my camera, which means no flash. The light was not great however...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

pyro-manic

Not a huge fan of the sculpt, but that's some nifty basework, and the paintjob is excellent. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

puddingwrestler

Yeah, 28mm wargames. The base is about 60mm square, and it's an old mini, hence the somewhat primitive sculpt.

nev

I like it a lot.  Stonework is very well done, and the big purple hooter is a superb touch :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

noxioux

The rust on the bars is sublime.  Great paint job!

puddingwrestler

Quote from: nev on December 20, 2009, 05:11:00 AM
I like it a lot.  Stonework is very well done, and the big purple hooter is a superb touch :wub:
The big purple hooter (red actually) is an old habbit from my Dwarf army, all of whom are alcoholics, apart from the slayers who have been forced into sobriety. Plus it hides a patch where the skin tone came off somehow...

Sauragnmon

Sounds like a great concept with Dwarves - force a guy to sober up and occasionally give him a tot when he knocks down something big like a Troll - it'll motivate him to get bloody angry either way!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.