New EAP masters sneak preview

Started by Freightdog862, December 18, 2009, 12:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hello chaps, thought you might like to see some progress on the new resin 1/72nd EAP kit, due out hopefully in March 2010. The masters are virtually complete, just need surface detail added. Decals and etch artwork is drawn, and it all looks rather nice. Here's some of the cockpit parts to give you an idea of the detail we have managed to capture, leaps and bounds beyond the earlier kits mastered by Anigrand;

Needless to say, this kit is completely newly mastered, and is not based on the earlier Pegasus injection moulded release.  The canopy has been mastered to be cast in clear resin, but Im swaying towards it being a female vacform part, as success rate with clear resin is not good. Hope you like it.

Colin  

Hobbes

Martin H

ohhhh now theres posh! (as my welsh great aunt would say)

at last! A decent EAP kit is on the cards :) Thanks for showing us the bits Colin.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lenny100

wow Colin
my wife will be calling me again when i get that one
always wanted a good EAP to make the last true UK fighter aircraft a operational EAP "spitfire 2"

one question will the tail be part of the rear fuselage or will we be able to make the twin tail with out a lot of cutting and engraving?
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

NARSES2

Have to say that looks a real class product Colin - well done.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

Very impressive Colin, looks a good'un! Are you including any what-ify decals/schemes?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Rolead

Great work there Colin :thumbsup:looking very nice indeed.

Robert

Scooterman

Geoff

Freightdog862

Quote from: Green Dragon on December 20, 2009, 03:21:56 AM
Very impressive Colin, looks a good'un! Are you including any what-ify decals/schemes?

Paul Harrison

Hi Paul,
No whif decals planned, decals do include the cheat line (in two parts), obvious tail logo and markings for the Sky Flash and Asraam missiles, plus the Paris (?) Airshow display number (203), stenciling and a 'Fly Navy' zap that was carried at some point!
The etch parts consist of mainly missile fins and blade aerials etc.
Wing and lower fuselage (including main u/c bay details) are one part, with air intake including nose wheel bay (illustrated) locking into place under the single piece forward fuselage.
Retail price not set yet but I'm aiming for around £30 which is not bad for resin, etch. pewter and screen printed decals. The kit has been mastered by Alan Southcombe, the man behind the recent Alicat Jindivik, Canberra and Meteor conversion sets, Alan is a professional model maker by trade and it shows! He has also done the decals for this one (he created his own range of Fineline decals a good few years back).
Colin   

pyro-manic

This:

Quote from: Scooterman on December 20, 2009, 08:57:27 AM
WANT

Desert pink Mig Killer, Firebirds OCU, and 111sqn for a start. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Steel Penguin

i may be lured in to this one at that price, though ill need a 1:72 11 year old to climb on it, as it was all over the BAC new letters when i was growing up.
hhhhhmm how do you put sticky hand prints on the screen at that scale.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

lancer

I am seriously waiting for this beauty to be released. I can see about 3 or 4 in my stash, despite the cost.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

kitnut617

Colin, could any of the parts be used to 'enhance' the old injection kit ? seems a pity to waste the kit I have.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

elmayerle

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 30, 2009, 08:27:56 AM
Colin, could any of the parts be used to 'enhance' the old injection kit ? seems a pity to waste the kit I have.
Considering that I've got three of them sitting in the southern remote stash, that's a question I'm definitely interested in, too.  I'd figured to build one as a 'stock" EAP, one as an operatonal one (thinking 74 Sqdn markings), and one in raspberry ripple.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin