Red Star Resurgence

Started by Taiidantomcat, December 18, 2009, 08:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

This is a thread I have been planing for a while and I am hoping to write more about it later, but right now I need to get it started! This will be the start of many Soviet/Russian subjects of all types and scales.

Soviet B-52, don't have a NATO reporting name as of yet (open to suggestions :thumbsup:) I always thought it would be neat to use a part from my favorite aircraft the F-14, in all of my models. This is actually happening more out of convenience or necessity due to the high number of Tomcat kits i have.   Top pic is before decals and weathering to show camo pattern a little better (the other pics are dark thanks to an overcast day) And finally a profile by our own Maverick.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

How about "Blunder" for a NATO name - as in what sort of blunder could have resulted in this...
;D
Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sauragnmon

Very cool, TT - the upsized phoenixes are very interesting I have to say.  The use of a few Tomcat bits in every project could well be part of a signature to your builds, really.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Weaver

Now that looks really cool in that cammo and the scaleorama'd Peonix are perfect: sort of like a cross between Skybolt and Avro W140.  :thumbsup:

For a NATO codename, how about "Buffy"?  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Cobra

How about calling it,"Braless' ;D Stay Cool :ph34r: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: GTX on December 18, 2009, 11:14:13 AM
How about "Blunder" for a NATO name - as in what sort of blunder could have resulted in this...
;D
Regards,

Greg

Incredibly appropriate, BLUNDER it is! :thumbsup: I got this off Ebay built already, the seller claimed it was 1/72 but i got it and thought it was actually 1/144. I got a refund no problem but it is a B-52B, so i decided to modifiy the nose using a Revell 1/144 B-52G/H as a template. Turns out this model is actually closer to 1/200 because the nose wasn't even close!  :blink: The Aim-54s are 1/72 along with the modified pylon to carry them. Thanks for the comments hope to have more soon.  :cheers:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

noxioux

Love that camo.  But I almost want to see this thing in turboprops. . . :thumbsup:

JoeP

Quote from: noxioux on December 20, 2009, 11:16:19 AM
Love that camo.  But I almost want to see this thing in turboprops. . . :thumbsup:

Well get to building then!  ;D

Comrade Taiidantomcat, we celebrate your great example of superior Soviet engineering. A glass of vodka raised to you in toast!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: JP Vieira on December 20, 2009, 11:29:46 AM
Quote from: noxioux on December 20, 2009, 11:16:19 AM

Some time ago I did some drawings similar to that idea:
Boeing P-5 (nicknamed the Grizzly)

see it at
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21287.360.html
(middle of page).
Best regards to all -_-

I had seen that before :wub: and was thinking about how to do it, but decided i should save it for another time, I think it sould be cool to one like a BISON:

Thanks Again folks  :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

Just trying to keep this thread from going too stale. This is a Revell 1/32 MiG-21 I put together that is not that great so I thought I would get some photos before breaking it up into smaller more useful for other projects pieces. This is based on a Real World Machine, but fairly loosely. Its not What If enough for a Whiffer and too What If for a JMN  :cheers: This MiG went to a better place minutes after these pics were taken.

Taiidantomcat

Its a cloudy day in New Mexico so these pics are a little on the dark side ( :wacko:) But this model after years and years of off and on is finally done. Hoping to finish the ordnance and the landing gear someday soon. (finished the front and rear main gear but for some reason the outriggers are too short now, need to remeasure!) but the aircraft itself is done.

:drink: :cheers: :party:

ChernayaAkula

And THAT earns you a nomination for a 2010 Whiffie in Best Camo.  :thumbsup: That camo's just inspired!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

I will second that :bow: :bow:
That colour scheme is excellent, I think I will have to borrow that one  ;D.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!