Main Menu
S

Twin Mustang

Started by sideshowbob9, December 17, 2009, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sideshowbob9

There seems to be a real dearth of P/F-82 Twin Mustangs in my neck of the woods. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

kitnut617

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on December 17, 2009, 11:30:58 AM
There seems to be a real dearth of P/F-82 Twin Mustangs in my neck of the woods. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Where would that be Bob ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sideshowbob9

North London, UK but there's also a lack of them on ebay, again at least in the UK.

kitnut617

Hannants has one then

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=CH72407

as does Kingkit, they have a couple of Monogram ones

sideshowbob9

^ Thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know if the Chematic is the Monogram re-boxed or is it a new mould?

philp

Revell is rereleasing this kit during the first half of 2010.  Their flyer doesn't give any better time frame.
http://downloads.hobbico.com/misc/rmx/2010NewReleasesBrochure.pdf

I have one of these on the shelf of doom. Lost one of the landing gear doors. But when it gets rereleased I will ask them for a replacement part.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Barry Krell

Chematic is the Frog moulding I think.  Most of their other kits are ex-Frog so it would be likely.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

sideshowbob9

Also heard of the re-release from my LHS. Think I'll wait until then. Thanks guys.

kitnut617

I have an old Monogram kit, the new Revell kit and two Hobbycraft ones in the stash (the Monogram one is built).  They're all identical except one thing in the Hobbycraft kit, for some reason they have the two props turning the same way.  Which is handy if you want to make a P-82B (or was that the P-82C) the only version that had the props turning the same way but not the version in the box though.

sideshowbob9

^ Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure the Hobbycraft one was a viable contender but sounds like it could be.

PR19_Kit

Robert,

The -B had handed engines/props AFAIK, at least the solo RF-82B that I'be built was like that anyway.  :lol:

Wasn't the prototype single handed? I can't find my reference book (Green and Pollinger) just now, but that rings a bell somewhere.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 25, 2009, 02:14:02 AM
Robert,

The -B had handed engines/props AFAIK, at least the solo RF-82B that I'be built was like that anyway.  :lol:

Wasn't the prototype single handed? I can't find my reference book (Green and Pollinger) just now, but that rings a bell somewhere.

I found my P-51 in Action, the XP-82 had Packard Merlins in P-51 style cowlings with counter rotating props, the XP-82A was to be the Allison engined version which would have had props turning in the same direction but these were never built.  The P-82B was almost identical to the XP-82 and the 'C' and 'D' were nightfighter versions of the 'B', the 'C' having the huge pod and the 'D' having the smaller pod seen on P-38's and other aircraft.  The 'E' was the first Allison engined production version but the cowling was different to how the Revell/Hobbycraft kit has it on the 'G'

Army of One

Bob.....if you still haven't got one try giving Comet miniatures a call,they are in Battersea SW11....they buy peoples 'loft insulation' and have a varied stock but can be a bit pricey for some of the older models.....classed as collectors items...hope you get what you want
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!