My Mig 19 in Thai national markings

Started by Allan, March 17, 2004, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Hi all,
Almost finished my Mig 19 in Thai national markings-so here's an update.
Blue underneath, Viggen-like camo on the uppersurfaces and with a leaping tiger on the nose. Decals from Hyperscale and local hobby club contacts.
The tail fin and spine are in the Thai national colors of red white and blue. Looks damn colorful.
Has Kyushu Shinden undercarriage-they're a little long, but what the hell it's my model. And I plan to slap a FW 190 prop onto the nose when my wife isn't looking-she wanted the Thai markings.
Snaps will be posted upon completion.
How's everyone? :party:  :zzz:  :P
Allan

nev

frustated by you being such a tease!  :P

I mean, fancy giving us all that detail then not posting a piccie  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Allan

Hi Nev,
But I don't have a digital camera and so have to wait for our monthly hobby club meeting to have a snap taken.
The front wheel went on last night, but I had to shorten the prop because it would have hit the oleo leg. Then gave it a matt spray Testors dullcote from a can-my fav- while waiting for the car to warm up in the garage.
In the home stretch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allan :P  

John Howling Mouse

Yes, yes, but you're still a tease!
^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

I agree with the boys.....tease !

Your post looks like this :

"Blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Blah blah, blah blah blah. "

'cause all we can think is 'where's the cool Mig-19 pics !'

:wub:

Can't wait to have a look...sounds awesome !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Allan

Jai yen yen (keep calm) as the Thais say, Toad et al, the piccies will be on their way as soon as I'm finished.

And listen to this, I have a model (completed) of a 747 so what do you say to putting a small Japanese fighter on top as a Japanese mistel!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool or what???!!!!

Might have some laksa with the wife after work today Friday.
cheers from Allan

Captain Canada

QuoteI have a model (completed) of a 747 so what do you say to putting a small Japanese fighter on top as a Japanese mistel!!!!!!!!!!!

Small Japanese fighter ?

I'd say you could put any fighter you want on top of that thing !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Allan

Do you know those small Japanese fighters that came out in about 1/144 scale? Would they look ok with a 747? I'll check on the weekend.
That mistel idea might be a real goer.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteJai yen yen (keep calm) as the Thais say, Toad et al, the piccies will be on their way as soon as I'm finished.
Sure, sure, but the Thais also say:

Moo Va Yu Az Boy  ("Get your pics uploaded pronto ya big tease!")

;)  :D  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.